• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BMWAG arrested - any update?

Thundar

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Lou_Sanderson wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
There is an old thread that went on about this for pages and pages and pages, let's not start up again.
I heard that!

Unfortunately, too many ppl around here are have a high affinity towardbeating dead horses.

+1. Enough of the armchair quarterbacking.

DoingItWrong.jpg
We do not want OCDO to be the DHRC....Dead Horse Riding Club!!

ChinChin

imported post

Lou_Sanderson wrote:
jack wrote:
sounds like a continuance was granted pending a plea agreement. No offense but sounds like this guy may be using bad judgment if he really has had all these arrests for open carrying. Someone needs to counsel him on his technique or something. Is he carrying a couple of colt .45s in a western gun fighters holster or something ? What is drawling this amount of police interaction.
maybe the reason DB doenst immediately post to ocdo like he may have done at one time is because armchair quarterbacks have nothing better to do than constantlycriticize?
DB is the person who brought the incidents to the attention of the board. He did so with great detail, audio recordings, transcripts of the audio recordings, and ongoing updates on each of his endevors.

I think this indicates in vivid detail and by example that DB WANTED this attention from the board, lest he never would have given such a wealth and detailed accounting of his activites, not only after they occured, but with ongoing updates to boot.

Respectfuly, if we're "not suppose to discuss it" or "debate pros and cons" then perhapse it shouldn't have been posted on OCDO in such extensive detail in the first place.

dude

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
DB is the person who brought the incidents to the attention of the board. He did so with great detail, audio recordings, transcripts of the audio recordings, and ongoing updates on each of his endevors.

I think this indicates in vivid detail and by example that DB WANTED this attention from the board, lest he never would have given such a wealth and detailed accounting of his activites, not only after they occured, but with ongoing updates to boot.

Respectfuly, if we're "not suppose to discuss it" or "debate pros and cons" then perhapse it shouldn't have been posted on OCDO in such extensive detail in the first place.
Fair enough.

It does seem to me that the REAL reason some people are upset with DB is not because he did anything wrong, but rather because his style is different than others. It seems to me that some members of the critical crowd would be happy if DB behaved the way they do - as if they have some sort of monopoly on the most appropriateway to behave.

I respect individuality. I don’t seek to encourage everyone else to act the way I act, think the way I think, or behave the way I behave- whether I agree with it the actions, thoughts, or behaviors in question or not.

jack

Banned
imported post

I agree to a point, but open carry is not properly showcased to the public by approaching law enforcement armed, and demanding details of what is occurring on their stop. He is lucky they didn't drawl down on him, depending on the nature of the call that might have been the proper action on their part. Frankly I would almost expect it .

If we cause a lot of incidents like this it will only be a matter of time before our State legislatures pass a ban on open carry. That would be a real pain, especially during the summer and for those of us that carry full size weapons.

I know everyone here believes that open carry is a RIGHT, and I concur however we have watched many "rights" get legislated away with full support of a very leftist Supreme court.

With the legislatureyou now have in Virginia, incidents like BMWAG is apparentlyknown for causing will only lead to further bad legislation. Liberals think everything can be solved with new laws restricting personal freedom, expect it.

In Virginia there is some really bad legislation being introduced right now that will expand police powers and from what I hear it was a direct result of a few incidents that liberal turn into a "big issue needing to be addressed".

LEO 229

imported post

I have said this before....

Danbus is the point man that everyone is admiring for his willingness to "make a stand"

The bad part is that he is generating bad history that can be used against OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I have said this before....

Danbus is the point man that everyone is admiring for his willingness to "make a stand"

The bad part is that he is generating bad history that can be used against OC.
Perhaps. perhaps not. We don't know anything specific and are trying to guess.

I think that we have fairly well expressed our opinions as to whether we thought what he did was wise and prudent or simply "within his rights."

There are times that you can be right and still lose because you can't afford to be but so right. A good education can be very expensive! Time will tell.

Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

This is true....

Since the case isbeing pushed backand notbeing dismissed...

Based on my experience in the cases I have had in court... it is not a good thing.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Only 90 'yards' to go to a all time record of 4000 rushes to judgement. Rah rah rah :-}(

Rush my butt Doug. He posted the recording, he told his side....where's the rush. Either you think he was showboating and pushing the race card or you think he's the reincarnation of Martin Luther King......! The facts are there and undisputed.

The only Judgment is whether he is a liability to gun owners. I could care less what he does...as long as it doesn't cause me problems. I can't say if it does or not, but there is damn sure ID for the PO leece legislation in the General Assembly right now.

That's the VIRGINIA General Assembly!

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Only 90 'yards' to go to a all time record of 4000 rushes to judgement. Rah rah rah :-}(

Rush my butt Doug. He posted the recording, he told his side....where's the rush. Either you think he was showboating and pushing the race card or you think he's the reincarnation of Martin Luther King......! The facts are there and undisputed.

The only Judgment is whether he is a liability to gun owners. I could care less what he does...as long as it doesn't cause me problems. I can't say if it does or not, but there is damn sure ID for the PO leece legislation in the General Assembly right now.

That's the VIRGINIA General Assembly!
I see Doug is keeping track of my posts.. glad someone is..I lost count long ago.

Peter is spot on.... Danbus only fueled the fire for making it a requirement for the police to request ID.

That night whenDanbus approached the police while openly armed and interfered with their investigation.... :uhoh:

ChinChin

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I see Doug is keeping track of my posts.. glad someone is..I lost count long ago.

Peter is spot on.... Danbus only fueled the fire for making it a requirement for the police to request ID.

That night whenDanbus approached the police while openly armed and interfered with their investigation.... :uhoh:
My memory is not the best, i grant you. . .but mayhapse you can school me on how asking a question is "interfearing?" Isn't the officer free to direct him to the public information office if he wants more 411, or can't the officer simply say "Let me finish up here sir, and then I'll address your questions. . .please stay back 15 feet for now."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

1 - Then turn off that neon sign that keeps flashing "Almost 4000" in your window!:lol:

2 - Sure didn't help any, but don't think that it'll hold up to a Constitutional test.

3 - Hate to say it but you may be right.

Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

ChinChin wrote:

My memory is not the best, i grant you. . .but mayhapse you can school me on how asking a question is "interfearing?" Isn't the officer free to direct him to the public information office if he wants more 411, or can't the officer simply say "Let me finish up here sir, and then I'll address your questions. . .please stay back 15 feet for now."
He was initiallytold a "young, black, male" was being questioned by the police so he went to "investigate." He didn't know the kid and observed several people standing around while the police were busy asking the kid some questions.

Danbus approaches the police not having any idea what case is aboutand does so while armed and askssomething like "What's going on here?!"

Granted... OC is not against the law.... but then he has no idea what happened and there could have been a gun involved. Brandishing or unlawful discharge.

From the way I read it... it is not a "Hello MR Officer. May I ask what is going on here?" My take on it is that he approached and demanded to know why they were questioning a black kidwho he did not even know!!

He had absolutely no need to be involved at all. This is the basis that he was in fact.. there to interfere with their investigation.

It is one thing if you know the guy. You can approach and tell the officer.. "This is my friend or brother..may I ask you what's going on?"

Frankly.. it was none of his business since hedid not even know the kid. The matter could have been personal and the kid may not have wanted Danbus to know.

How easy would it be for the officer to just tell him to wait...? When you are busy working on something.. do you like it when people interrupt?? There are times when the police are dealing with a subject that they need to give their full attention to that subject. They do not need unwarranted distractions.

I speak from experience. :D

jack

Banned
imported post

I don't get the idea he was there to help. Apparently he went down there because police are known to harass young kids in the neighborhood. Bad idea ! I found his original post and he starts off saying that. This guy is going to do time on that one, he crossed the line.

I walk by cops all the time open carrying, no problem. A few weeks ago I came out of a convenience store while a drug bust was occurring in the parking lot. I walked back in the store and waited till the policehad cuffed the guys and holstered their weapons.

Then I returned to my car walking right by several officers. They said nothing, just nodded.

You have to use your head a little bit, this BMWAG didn't on this one. I hope it works out OK.

LEO 229

imported post

Ya... I am looking forward to see what happens....

If he did get off again... it would only strengthen his cause to pester the police again and again.

At least till the Stop and ID bill is approved.. :D

jack

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Ya... I am looking forward to see what happens....

If he did get off again... it would only strengthen his cause to pester the police again and again.

At least till the Stop and ID bill is approved.. :D
I don't like the Idea of a stop and identify law, but this is the kind of guy that gets us that type of legislation.

LEO 229

imported post

Both of the times he had contact with the police it was not an "ordinary" situation.

I feel they had a legitimate reason to know who he was. This is when the stop and ID law really comes into play. There should be no need to go hands on like that when all that is really needed is cooperation.

It is that very attitude that is displayed on this board that people want to turn and walk away when confronted by the police. This is the very reason this bill is being pushed forward. People are not cooperating so the state needs to actually force it.

I think it sucks that this is what things have come down to. :?

Danbus willingly approached the police to ask questions expecting them to be answered... but when they had questions of their own...he refusedto answer.

Cooperation goes both ways... :p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
SNIP ...when the stop and ID law really comes into play. There should be no need to go hands on like that when all that is really needed is cooperation.

People are not cooperating so the state needs to actually force it.

I think it sucks that this is what things have come down to. :?

Danbus willingly approached the police to ask questions expecting them to be answered... but when they had questions of their own...he refusedto answer.

Cooperation goes both ways... :p
Cooperation means voluntary.

Its not really beingconsidered cooperation if the real opinion underlying is that itwas obligatory all along.

When the cooperation is withheld, then we see the true attitude underlying come to the surface.

C

ccloud43

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Both of the times he had contact with the police it was not an "ordinary" situation.

So now riding a bus is not ordinary.

Yep man is riding a bus and he doesnt look right, I need some ID.

Seig Heil Mein Furher