• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Tualatin

Trojan

imported post

So, I've been reading this forum for awhile now and learned a great deal of great information from all of the expierenced people on here and would like to thank you all for the education.

I live smack dab in the middle of Tualatin, and all my research comes up with nothing. I must not be looking hard enough. I was just wondering the legality of OCing in Tualatin, and if any of you could direct me to the actual laws. I'm assuming it is alright since I didn't see it on the list of banned carry without a license list a few threads down, but I can't be sure.

So if anyone knows, or knows where to find it it would be greatly appreciated!:)

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Tualatin has no laws against OC.

Keep in mind that without a CHL, you may not carry in any "pubilic building".

(4) “Public building” means a hospital, a capitol building, a public or private school, as defined in ORS 339.315, a college or university, a city hall or the residence of any state official elected by the state at large, and the grounds adjacent to each such building. The term also includes that portion of any other building occupied by an agency of the state or a municipal corporation, as defined in ORS 297.405, other than a court facility.

Trojan

imported post

Thank you for the info. I will get my CHL as soon as I turn 21.

I'll have to play the waiting game till then, but at least they're aren't any laws against it.