• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Burke walmart

cmg266

imported post

So I forgot to post this, but its not a big deal anyway. Just it was my first OC expierence. So it goes like this :)

We were on our way to our firarms class which this time instead of the classroom it was held at Gilberts, many of you may know this place. I was carrying my Glock 19, my friend was carrying his PX4 Storm beretta. We made the LONG walk to the back of the store to buy our ammo, but had to have my other friend who wasn't carrying buy the ammo because I'm not 21. As we were making the long walk many employees of walmart were obviously checking out the gun on my hip as well as my friends. But it was good because we didn't hear anyone talking about us or flock away like they were scared. We got our ammo and left with out any problems. As we were walking back to my car we had one person ask us "do you need a permit to carry that heater?" we just responded by saying "in the state of Virginia a permit is not required to open carry." He then replied with a "huh". Me and my friend wern't sure how to analyze his comment. Was it a "huh" are you kidding me? Or was it a "huh" I didn't know that, maybe I'll OC mine. It was hard to tell, but other than that we had no problem. After (for those of you who know the area) we went to burger king and got some food before we were off to Gilberts. No problems in BK either. There were some young teenagers who looked like they were gonna crap their pants in line and stayed like 10 feet behind us, lol.

P.S. Just got my starfire 124 grain. Gonna put that in my self defense mag. Hollow points a lot safer than standard winchester 9mm rounds imo. :)

ufcfanvt

imported post

I OC there all the time. They won't bat an eye usually, unless we're talking about some of the newer residents I have some worries about :?.

VApatriot

imported post

I OCed tonight at the BurkeWalmart.I wasin and out in about 5-10 minutes with no problems regardingmy clearlyvisible1911.

I don't think there is any other thread just for Burke, so I'll add a few of myother OCsaround townfrom the past month or so.

Navy Federal Credit Union ATMs (several times)

NFCU branch in the Burke Town Center shopping center

Burke Rd.Giant

Spartans Family Restaurant (picked up a carry-out order)

Burke Rd. Sunoco (twice)

All were total nonevents. No one mentioned or seemed to react to my sidearm. The only time I'm sure my pistol was evennoticed was at Spartans. The guy at the cash register looked down at it, looked back up at me and then shrugged it off with an "Oh well" sort of look on his face.

taurusfan

imported post

Talk about "loopholes," the one that allows 18 and 19 year olds to possess a handgun and ammunition but not permitted to buy either from a licensed dealer.

:lol:

nova

imported post

glockfan wrote:
Talk about "loopholes," the one that allows 18 and 19 year olds to possess a handgun and ammunition but not permitted to buy either from a licensed dealer.

:banghead:

What a major PITA that is too. Though I just get my pistol ammo from my family :)

I didn't know the Burke Wal-mart still sold ammo. Last time I checked they just had a box or two of .380 under the counter but nothing else. We are talking about the wally world in burke center, where the burger king and wendy's are, correct?

saluney

imported post

OCed today at Smoky Bones in Chesapeake @ Greenbrier. With the attention the Chesapeake PD has lately I was somewhat leary of OCing. After i took my coat off exposing my Glock 19 on my hip, my wife and was seated rather quickly. My wife said only a couple beside us noticed. Iwent to the bathroom to wash and on my way back some were :shock: As we were leaving i could tell the manager knew of my presence as he met us before we got to the cashier and thanked us for coming but was really polite:D Overall, great food, good service. No problems

VApatriot

imported post

nova wrote:
glockfan wrote:

What a major PITA that is too. Though I just get my pistol ammo from my family :)

I didn't know the Burke Wal-mart still sold ammo. Last time I checked they just had a box or two of .380 under the counter but nothing else. We are talking about the wally world in burke center, where the burger king and wendy's are, correct?
You're talking about the right Walmart, but I didn't buy any ammo there. I'm not sure either whether or not they evenhave any in stock. I also acquire my ammunition from+21 family members.

savery

imported post

glockfan wrote:

Actually, I call it "bullshit"

Why in the hell does ammo have a effin' age limit in the first place????

or guns, for that matter!!!!

nova

imported post

savery wrote:
glockfan wrote:

Actually, I call it "bullshit"

Why in the hell does ammo have a effin' age limit in the first place????

or guns, for that matter!!!!

I agree it is BS as well. Pistol ammo is no more "deadly" than rifle ammo, or fireworks, or tobacco, or etc.

The age limit simply makes it more of a hassle for 18-20yo's to have a pistol. I guess they figure that if it is difficult for them to get ammo for them they won't bother getting the gun. But, I get my pistols from private parties, so I do the same with ammo.

ufcfanvt

imported post

nova wrote:
glockfan wrote:

I buy ammo there all the time. I was PISSED that they stopped selling rifles/shotguns and I informed them of that. I also told them that the day they stop selling ammo is the day I stop darkening their doorstep.

ufcfanvt

imported post

In addition, I've OC'ed at :
- Spartans (once w/ g/f, once w/ fellow OCDO members)
- Giant at Burke Centre
- Hunan East (asked if I was LEO, was OK that I wasn't)
- BBQ world at Burke Centre
- Chipotle

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
nova wrote:
glockfan wrote:

You're talking about the right Walmart, but I didn't buy any ammo there. I'm not sure either whether or not they evenhave any in stock. I also acquire my ammunition from+21 family members.

Tell them it's for your 9mm (or whatever caliber)carbine/rifle. If they couldn't sell you "pistol" ammo, then you couldn't buy .22's either. What are theygoing to do? Tell the cops that you tried to buy ammo for your rifle?

Edit to correct grammatical error.