Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WalMart

Post imported post

I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:
    I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl
    Is there any way to leave out even more important information than you did?
    Where do you live?
    Where did you hear this?
    What exactly did you hear?
    Who made this claim? Was it a Wal-Mart official, the check-out girl, or the show’s host?

If concealed carry is illegal where you live, it will be illegal in a Wal-Mart where you live.

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:
    We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.
    Huh?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

'Pi' is irrational.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:
    I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .
    This site is about open carry - sounds like good news to me that WalMart is AOK with open carry.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Mike wrote
    This site is about open carry - sounds like good news to me that WalMart is AOK with open carry.
    Yep, another reason to not CC
    I've never had a problem OC'ing in Wal-Mart.

Post imported post

Haven't concealed at wal-mart in years ... Always OC ... haven't had a problem aside from the normal stinkeyes ...

~~Springfield

Post imported post

my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

southernbnb wrote:
    my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!
    Problems with the SHIFT key?

No offense, but it makes it hard to read.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:

Bye

Pi/Carl
    I heard the same show on Coast to Coast AM the other night.

I wanted to call in and tell them that was BS but I couldn't get them. The store manager can't make policy it has to come from HQ and they are OK with CCW as long as it's legal in your state.

Post imported post

I CC'ed yesterday in walmart. Then I took my coat of and OCed. No one said a word. Two kids were excited and told their dad.. but thats all. Nothing from employees.

I searched on Coasttocoasts website, and could only find the THIS show, which aired the 9th, about concealed carry. I am not going to take the time to listen to it to see if it comments about Walmart or not.

A side note, while searching for the above content, I came across this article entitled, “Score one more for the good guys with guns.”

http://right-thinking.com/index.php/...g_back_murder/

Post imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
    I CC'ed yesterday in walmart. Then I took my coat of and OCed. No one said a word. Two kids were excited and told their dad.. but thats all. Nothing from employees.

I searched on Coasttocoasts website, and could only find the THIS show, which aired the 9th, about concealed carry. I am not going to take the time to listen to it to see if it comments about Walmart or not.

A side note, while searching for the above content, I came across this article entitled, “Score one more for the good guys with guns.”

http://right-thinking.com/index.php/...g_back_murder/

That was the show on Coast to Coast I listened toit. And he did talk about Walmart being Anti CC

Post imported post

Coast to Coast? Isn't that the Art Bell, or whoever it is show? The one that talks about UFOs and chupacabras and other stuff like that?

It's like the radio version of Weekly World News, IIRC.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Coast to Coast? Isn't that the Art Bell, or whoever it is show? The one that talks about UFOs and chupacabras and other stuff like that?

It's like the radio version of Weekly World News, IIRC.
    Yep same show. Just a new guy on there named George. I could believe they were talking about something I wanted to hear about instead of UFO's.

Post imported post

Live in Gulfport .Ms heard on Talk Radio show Coiast to Coast AM 104.9 In Gulfport,Ms.I do not know what state they was in the person that was telling coast to coast am cover alot of states.I have carry conceald in there had no problems here that just shoked me when i heard this the other night.:what:

Post imported post

I agree with you here.It should be by there add-min if anyone.I have cc in store here and had no problems.

Post imported post

Post imported post

We had another recent Wal-Mart thread here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...115351#p115351

deepdiver wrote:
    I looked into this issue last spring. This is what is apparently a form letter Wal-Mart corporate sends out re: handguns in their stores. I have seen iterations of this letter online dated from 1998-2003:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM Subject: RE: Firearms Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns. The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately. We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue. Thank you, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    While the letter states that Wal-Mart does not allow open carry, speaking to local assistant managers I know has indicated that this is usually handled as a local management decision. I don't know any Wal-Mart store GMs to ask about this. I have seen statements online that if your local Wal-Mart posts signs banning concealed carry, that a call to corporate with a complaint will result in a removal of the "no concealed weapons" signs, but I have never seen any proof besides forum statements to this effect. A google search will find copies of these letters and news stories as to this corporate policy, but you have to wade through a lot of other stuff about handgun sales and gun control (or maybe I just suxor at teh googling).
    EDIT: Forgot the link
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    We had another recent Wal-Mart thread here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...115351#p115351

deepdiver wrote:
    If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state.
    EDIT: Forgot the link

Why do I have a mental image of a guy opening up his mailbox, seeing his permit has been mailed to him, and he starts jumping up and down yelling "I WON! I WON!" ??
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:
    I agree with you here.It should be by there add-min if anyone.I have cc in store here and had no problems.
    Well of course you had no problems...no one knew you were carrying! Tuck in that shirt and let it all hang out!!

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Problems with the SHIFT key?

No offense, but it makes it hard to read.

I agree

Tarzan

Post imported post

pi/carl wrote:
    Live in Gulfport .Ms heard on Talk Radio show Coiast to Coast AM 104.9 In Gulfport,Ms.I do not know what state they was in the person that was telling coast to coast am cover alot of states.I have carry conceald in there had no problems here that just shoked me when i heard this the other night.:what:
    First lesson here.....Never believe what you hear from a caller on talk radio.

Anyone can callin and say anything....but it doesn't make it so.

Tarzan

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

"Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your pre-existing world view.

Post imported post

How would Wal-Mart (or any store)even know if you are carrying concealed?? Are they gonna have the greeter start doing pat-downs when you enter??

Post imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
    pi/carl wrote:
    First lesson here.....Never believe what you hear from a caller on talk radio.

Anyone can callin and say anything....but it doesn't make it so.

Tarzan
    It wasn't a caller on the show that said that. It was the guest. Here's the link.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/01/09.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast