• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WalMart

picarl

imported post

I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl

Mainsail

imported post

pi/carl wrote:
I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl
Is there any way to leave out even more important information than you did?
Where do you live?
Where did you hear this?
What exactly did you hear?
Who made this claim? Was it a Wal-Mart official, the check-out girl, or the show’s host?

If concealed carry is illegal where you live, it will be illegal in a Wal-Mart where you live.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

pi/carl wrote:
I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .
This site is about open carry - sounds like good news to me that WalMart is AOK with open carry.:cool:

southernbnb

imported post

my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

southernbnb wrote:
my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!

Problems with the SHIFT key? :)

No offense, but it makes it hard to read.

charlie12

imported post

pi/carl wrote:

Bye

Pi/Carl

I heard the same show on Coast to Coast AM the other night.

I wanted to call in and tell them that was BS but I couldn't get them. The store manager can't make policy it has to come from HQ and they are OK with CCW as long as it's legal in your state.

kmcdowel

imported post

I CC'ed yesterday in walmart. Then I took my coat of and OCed. No one said a word. Two kids were excited and told their dad.. but thats all. Nothing from employees.

I searched on Coasttocoasts website, and could only find the THIS show, which aired the 9[suP]th[/suP], about concealed carry. I am not going to take the time to listen to it to see if it comments about Walmart or not.

A side note, while searching for the above content, I came across this article entitled, “Score one more for the good guys with guns.”

http://right-thinking.com/index.php/weblog/rolling_back_murder/

charlie12

imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
I CC'ed yesterday in walmart. Then I took my coat of and OCed. No one said a word. Two kids were excited and told their dad.. but thats all. Nothing from employees.

I searched on Coasttocoasts website, and could only find the THIS show, which aired the 9[suP]th[/suP], about concealed carry. I am not going to take the time to listen to it to see if it comments about Walmart or not.

A side note, while searching for the above content, I came across this article entitled, “Score one more for the good guys with guns.”

http://right-thinking.com/index.php/weblog/rolling_back_murder/

That was the show on Coast to Coast I listened toit. And he did talk about Walmart being Anti CC

AbNo

imported post

Coast to Coast? Isn't that the Art Bell, or whoever it is show? The one that talks about UFOs and chupacabras and other stuff like that?

It's like the radio version of Weekly World News, IIRC.

charlie12

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Coast to Coast? Isn't that the Art Bell, or whoever it is show? The one that talks about UFOs and chupacabras and other stuff like that?

It's like the radio version of Weekly World News, IIRC.
Yep same show. Just a new guy on there named George. I could believe they were talking about something I wanted to hear about instead of UFO's.

picarl

imported post

Live in Gulfport .Ms heard on Talk Radio show Coiast to Coast AM 104.9 In Gulfport,Ms.I do not know what state they was in the person that was telling coast to coast am cover alot of states.I have carry conceald in there had no problems here that just shoked me when i heard this the other night.:what:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We had another recent Wal-Mart thread here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=6662&forum_id=7&jump_to=115351#p115351

deepdiver wrote:
I looked into this issue last spring. This is what is apparently a form letter Wal-Mart corporate sends out re: handguns in their stores. I have seen iterations of this letter online dated from 1998-2003:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM Subject: RE: Firearms Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns. The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately. We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue. Thank you, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
While the letter states that Wal-Mart does not allow open carry, speaking to local assistant managers I know has indicated that this is usually handled as a local management decision. I don't know any Wal-Mart store GMs to ask about this. I have seen statements online that if your local Wal-Mart posts signs banning concealed carry, that a call to corporate with a complaint will result in a removal of the "no concealed weapons" signs, but I have never seen any proof besides forum statements to this effect. A google search will find copies of these letters and news stories as to this corporate policy, but you have to wade through a lot of other stuff about handgun sales and gun control (or maybe I just suxor at teh googling).
EDIT: Forgot the link

TechnoWeenie

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
We had another recent Wal-Mart thread here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=6662&forum_id=7&jump_to=115351#p115351

deepdiver wrote:
If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state.
EDIT: Forgot the link

Why do I have a mental image of a guy opening up his mailbox, seeing his permit has been mailed to him, and he starts jumping up and down yelling "I WON! I WON!" ??