Thread: open carry

Post imported post

im from pa. i have a few questions about open carry in my state .what is the publics reaction to oc ing?.I have a LTCF can i oc whlie having LTCF?.what is bestresponce i should i give to someone ask why i am oc ing.

thanks kilroyhunter

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

kilroyhunter wrote:
    im from pa. i have a few questions about open carry in my state .what is the publics reaction to oc ing?.I have a LTCF can i oc whlie having LTCF?.what is bestresponce i should i give to someone ask why i am oc ing.

thanks kilroyhunter
    Check in the Pennsylvania section on this site.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

thanks i will check that out

Post imported post

you should also check out www.pafoa.org there are several open carry threads there. Glad to have another OC'r in PA...

Frank

Post imported post

thanks great come aboard

Post imported post

Kilroyhunter you may like this group good guys and girls.For sure check out the above link all like minded,ya sure but they are full of infromation.Welcome i live in beaver county, stick around awhile. Mtn Jack

Post imported post

yes, you can open carry even if you have a LTCF. i have LTCF and have open carried before. i've only open carried a couple time and no one ever said anything to me. just mostly stares. also check out the PA gun rights flyer.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3424.html
    i carry one with me when i OC

Activist Member

Post imported post

In my limited experience people will react like this:

Most people are totally blind to what is going on aroundthem and won't even notice you. Probably some will see you and automatically think you are a cop because you've got a gun. Maybe some people even don't care.

Most people that you notice noticing you will give you funny looks or kind of stare at you a bit. Occasionally, somebody will come up to you and ask something about it. Since late November, I've been asked twice if it was a real gun, once if I was a security guard, once if I had a permit for it (which of course I don't, and in NV none is necessary). One guy said, "That's cool!". So far, only one time was I asked to leave some place.

Being 18, I probably get more looks than someone older might.

Good answers, be honest.Taking yourown safety (as well asyour families/friends etc.) into your ownhands [as opposed to relying on others], showing your support for the right to keep and bear arms, and exercising your rights are all good reasons. I've also used "I like to."

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Ditto to the replies above.

As someone that is 37, I rarely get asked about the "gun".
    Never once been hassled and I OC regularly in NEPA.

Don't forget the Pa Gun Rights flyer.
    http://www.paopencarry.org/PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf

As well as www.paopencarry.org. Will answer most of your Q's