• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

kilroyhunter

imported post

im from pa. i have a few questions about open carry in my state .what is the publics reaction to oc ing?.I have a LTCF can i oc whlie having LTCF?.what is bestresponce i should i give to someone ask why i am oc ing.

thanks kilroyhunter

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

kilroyhunter wrote:
im from pa. i have a few questions about open carry in my state .what is the publics reaction to oc ing?.I have a LTCF can i oc whlie having LTCF?.what is bestresponce i should i give to someone ask why i am oc ing.

thanks kilroyhunter
Check in the Pennsylvania section on this site.

Mtn Jack

imported post

Kilroyhunter you may like this group good guys and girls.For sure check out the above link all like minded,ya sure but they are full of infromation.Welcome i live in beaver county, stick around awhile. Mtn Jack

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

In my limited experience people will react like this:

Most people are totally blind to what is going on aroundthem and won't even notice you. Probably some will see you and automatically think you are a cop because you've got a gun. Maybe some people even don't care.

Most people that you notice noticing you will give you funny looks or kind of stare at you a bit. Occasionally, somebody will come up to you and ask something about it. Since late November, I've been asked twice if it was a real gun, once if I was a security guard, once if I had a permit for it (which of course I don't, and in NV none is necessary). One guy said, "That's cool!". So far, only one time was I asked to leave some place.

Being 18, I probably get more looks than someone older might.

Good answers, be honest.Taking yourown safety (as well asyour families/friends etc.) into your ownhands [as opposed to relying on others], showing your support for the right to keep and bear arms, and exercising your rights are all good reasons. I've also used "I like to."