• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love the USA, no wait, that's I love Idaho, that's better

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

i finally received word from the ATF that I can bring my pistol with me to the USA, and unofficially I have been told by 2 different Sheriffs department's that as long as I dont go making a nuisance of myself, I wont have any problem's with them..

So look out Idaho, your having a visitor..

See you in may folk's
take care and stay safe, dont eat any yellow snow and keep an eye out for bears, I hear they like tourists though !

imported post

Once you get here and discover you can buy and own a machine gun and suppressor's, you might not want to go back to ireland.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Is Ireland part of Great Britain? I know some airlines won't accept handguns coming from England after the whole handgun ban thing went into effect there. Not sure if your laws were similar there...is Ireland kind of like a state at this point with Great Britain being the "federal" government over England and Ireland? Probably sounds pretty ignorant to you, and I'm pretty well traveled, but Europe has always been a mystery to me. :)
Can't wait to have you in any case! If you do end up having a hard time getting a weapon here, you can always buy one or borrow one here!

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Is Ireland part of Great Britain? I know some airlines won't accept handguns coming from England after the whole handgun ban thing went into effect there. Not sure if your laws were similar there...is Ireland kind of like a state at this point with Great Britain being the "federal" government over England and Ireland? Probably sounds pretty ignorant to you, and I'm pretty well traveled, but Europe has always been a mystery to me. :)
Can't wait to have you in any case! If you do end up having a hard time getting a weapon here, you can always buy one or borrow one here!
If my geography is half-decent, only Northern Ireland (Belfast, for example) is under English rule. His tagline puts him in Dublin which is on the east coast, middle of the country... I love the Temple Bar District there. :)

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

Wynder wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Is Ireland part of Great Britain?
Yeah sure it is ~ just the same way as Idaho is part of Canada :cuss::cuss: now dont that bug ya :celebrate

(the edited bit) Actually Im a regular visitor to idaho, I have some very good friends there and my former girl friend was from there, she passed away so i go to visit .. Im normally up north in Boundary County, its beautiful there.

bourneshooter

imported post

If you happend to be visiting this great state on the 20th of January, be sure to make it down to Boise as we are having the OCDO shoot and dinner!:celebrate

Congrats on the BATFE approval.

(If you can make it down to Boise sometime, PM me and we will go OC around or something.)