• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No guns allowed" signs???

crtbc

imported post

I have searched and other then finding the "jim crow law" arguement and not being a gov't building which is legal to secure your weopon not on person... Can I LEGALLY walk into a store that has such sign and not worry about it unless PERSONALLY ASKED by an emplyee/employer to leave due to my firearm since not leaving would be trespassing at that point

To walk into a store with a "no firearms" sign or not WHILE OCing

LEO 229

imported post

In Virginia the judges will find you guilty of trespassing!

A sign displayed is not there to kicks. The sign posted is your OFFICIAL notice that some activities are not allowed. This does not mean you can disobey the sign and do "whatever" until someone comes and verbally tells you to leave.

A sign displayed that says "No Firearms, skateboards, or engine repair" means just that. YOU CANNOT DO IT HERE!!!!

The same goes fora sign that says"No Trespassing." It does not meanyou are allowed to walk on the persons property till they catch you.

No firearms = No guns on the property while you are here

No Trespassing = No being on the property at all