Thread: Galco Carrier

Post imported post

Just got a SkyOps holster from Galco which has a fixed belt attachment for up to 1 1/4" belts. I was all set to find a belt that would fit it when I saw in the instructions that they have a replacement attachment that fits belts up to 1 1/2" belts...but I really don't want to wait another 4 days for the thing to come in the mail if there is a place that carries them in stock.

So does anyone know who in the Kitsap (not holding my breath) or Seattle/Edmonds area might carry them? Tried Sportsman's Warehouse with no luck.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

And in case anyone is wondering, this is the thing I am looking for:
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...;CatalogID=418

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

Post imported post

I'll look around Edmonds tomorrow for ya, since I live here.

I'll start downtown and move out, since I'm guessing you're talking about ferrying over. I'll even take my digital calipers to make sure of the width. *chuckle*

I've seen that holster in the Galco catalog for a couple years and lusted after it. It looks so awesome for concealment, but I'm not sure I would use it with a shirt tucked over the firearm (like they show in the catalog), since that's a lot more time-consuming to get the firearm out and a much higher chance to snag on the draw.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I've found a lot of the stores don't care the "special stuff". I'd give my left trigger finger to find my Serpa shoulder holster converter in a store around here. I hate ordering stuff online. Best place to check would be Cabela's most likely.

Post imported post

Will your belt loops hold an 1.5" belt? My regular pants won't handle it so I use the 1.25 and it works fine.

Post imported post

1 1/2" is what I wear now...I was willing to switch to a slimmer belt for the holster but would prefer not to.

As to the longer draw while tucked, that was a feature I got the holster for (tucking, not necessarily the longer drawing). For those of us in a professional setting with older women around us who like to keep it warm...cover clothing becomes really uncomfortable.

Thanks just_a_car for looking. I go through Edmonds twice a weeks, so I'd be thrilled if you come across something there. I'll call Cabelas and see if they have it.

Ethan

Post imported post

Adventure Sports Gun Headquarters on hwy 99, bought my skyops holster there a couple months ago. Sams also carries galco but they didnt have the skyops in stock so I bought it at Adventure Sports. After them I would consider cabelas in Lacey but their selection wasnt the best either.

Marcus

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I've seen that holster in the Galco catalog for a couple years and lusted after it.
    Nice, but I'm leery of single-point IWB/tuckable holsters. I have one, and it tends to shift to odd angles as I move around. Here's what I am planning to replace it with:

Comp-Tac MTAC http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

It looks so awesome for concealment, but I'm not sure I would use it with a shirt tucked over the firearm (like they show in the catalog), since that's a lot more time-consuming to get the firearm out and a much higher chance to snag on the draw.
    ...that's kind of an inherent problem with the "tuckable" part of tuckable IWB holsters...

Time-to-draw is part of the tradeoff of deep concealment.