Thread: maybe we have twins? lol

Post imported post

POST FALLS, Idaho — Two home-schooled teenagers in this northern Idaho town say they are carrying loaded guns to the library, grocery store and other public areas for self-defense. Other reasons, they say, are to deter crime and to educate others about their rights.

Zach Doty, 18, carries a loaded Glock handgun on his hip. His 15-year-old brother, Steven, carries a .22-caliber rifle in a sling on his back.

Police have been called on several occasions to question the teens but have not found the teens to be in violation of the law.

im going to pick up a sling kit, and drill holes in my .22 stock now, and get it set up so my 15 year old brother can opencarry

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

It would be nice to read further news coverage of Zach Doty. He debuted here some months ago to great criticism and then dropped out of sight. Do you have a URL for your article, is it current - or a dead-thread ressurected?

Post imported post

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1836770/posts

i think its great that those young men exercise their right i hope they are wise enough to understand the laws and restrictions also though too

State Researcher

Post imported post

This is kind of old news. If you search the forum you'll find a 20+ page thread posted by Zach - most of the pages are filled with heated argument about the subject.

Unfortunately, I've found that even among the "RKBA crowd" there are many that subscribe to the philosophy of "let's slowly compromise away our rights so they don't slowly take away our rights." These types think RKBA should be exercised only when 'legal' AND socially acceptable.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Good for them!
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Free Republic is a poor reference. dhuffman@awod.com has been a member for 9 years and 9 months and can't tolerate the bald-faced drivel on FR. Liberty Post, where I have been active for 2007 is almost as bad.

I have very much shifted my participation from FR and LP to OCDO due to the aggressive moderation here.

Post imported post

I have been searching for updates on the Doty's. Here is a news report from Idaho I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bVhzLwkU0

I don't see anything recent. Maybe the two of them have become a common sight and are no longer news!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

They are breaking no laws so if a 911 call comes in about two boys carrying guns around town what should be the dispatchers response? Should the dispatcher assume that it is these two boys and tell the caller to ignore them. What if it is two others that are looking to shoot someone. If the dispatcher sends someone to investigate and does not know who the two boys are what should be his reaction. Should the LEOaccept the name that the 15 year old gives him and call it in, especially since he probably doesn't have any ID. What if someone else uses the 15 YO's name but is actually walking away from a crime scene? Lots of possibilites for confusion and harassment.

Post imported post

PT111 wrote:
    They are breaking no laws so if a 911 call comes in about two boys carrying guns around town what should be the dispatchers response? Should the dispatcher assume that it is these two boys and tell the caller to ignore them.
    Why should any pair of boys be treated differently than these? If someone calls 911, the dispatcher should ask if the boys appear to be acting aggresively, or if there's some other cause for concern. If not, then the dispatcher should act the same as he or she would for any other report of perfectly legal activity.

Post imported post

Having been friends with one of the local dispatchers for many years, this topic came up for discussion a number of years ago. Here, the response from the dispatchers to the 911 caller is, "Are they threatening anyone, or is there anything about their behavior that is blatantly criminal?" to which the answer has ALWAYS been, "no...." and the dispatchers reply with "Thank you for calling...." and hang up. End of story. Funny thing is, most of the dispatchers have a better grasp of what's legal than most of the city cops.....

It's great to see SOMEBODY out there gets it.........