• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raleigh area OC

Weak 9mm

imported post

Hello everyone, I'm a Raleigh resident and I recently started reading these forums. I have begun to OC in the area as well, so I figured I'd introduce myself. Maybe I'll see some of you around.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO. I'm sure you'll get to know some of the folks down in NC who OC. Happy carrying!

jack

Banned
imported post

Welcome to the board. I Live in Clayton and work all over the Triangle. Perhaps we can get a open carry event/ dinner planned soon. All the folks should meet.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I'd certainly be up for meeting some folks from the forums for dinner or another event. Perhaps we could make a topic specifically for that and see who wants to go.

Weak 9mm

imported post

That will work for me if we meet somewhere like Greensboro. Isn't there a Range there that's good about allowing OC btw? It seems like the ranges I've been to around here don't like that very much.

I'm also still up for meeting locally if anyone is interested in that as well.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ya know, it stinks being waay out east, I can't just swing out your direction and meet up. I'll be out in Raleigh next weekend, but it'll be on business. I doubt my boss will want to meet up with a bunch of guys with guns :D.

Welcome to the board, btw!

jack

Banned
imported post

Maybe we should plan an event this summer in a Central location of the State. Pick a Saturday and schudule it a few months in advance.A barbecue or something. We all need to get together and we can stand TOGETHER in protecting the right to open carry.

acritical

imported post

Welcome to the board. I am in Raleigh and have been open carrying for a few years now. It is always a good thing to see someone in the area open carrying as well. I was once seen by a board member at Eagle's on Glenwood, but either they never saw me again or they were not sure about introducing themselves.

Great to meet you.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
How would renting out the Blackwater range?

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/training/ranges.asp

That would be cool, but....
Available for Blackwater Tactical Shooting Courses and Tactical Units renting the facility for sustainment or specialized training except for certain exceptions authorized by the Blackwater Training staff. Tactical area rental includes both shoot houses, the tactical warm-up range.
Think we'd be able to fit into that category? It might just be fun (and beneficial) to see about setting up a weekend training session with a group discount. It could be a combination of practical self-defense firearms training, as well as some just-for-fun tacticool stuff.

That'd probably be too expensive for most people though, huh? I bet if we did it, and made it affordable, we'd have quite a few Virginians showing up, too.

Weak 9mm

imported post

This works for me, as long as it can be done without too much expense as you said. It sounds not only fun, but also extremely valuable and hard to pass up if we can do it for relatively little. I guess first we need to find out if the price would be something we can reasonably work with.

I like this one, lol:
4100 sq. ft. Multi-Level, Fully Ballistic Live Fire Shoot House
  • Rated for all pistol, sub-machine gun, and buckshot rounds.
  • Rated for 5.56 frangible ammunition. (All frangible ammunition must be approved by the Blackwater Training Center.)
  • All interior and exterior walls are AR500 fully ballistic (with the exception of the interior doorways.)
  • 35 portable reactive AR500 bullet traps the same rating as the shoot house.
  • High-powered rifle bullet traps are available under special circumstances.
  • Changeable floor plan.
  • 10 exterior entrances.
  • Six different interior and exterior stairwell problems.
  • Fully ventilated for shooter health and safety.
  • Lighting controls for lighted and low light scenarios.
  • Training capable for shooting exterior targets in conjunction with tactical scenarios within the shoot house.
  • Vehicle and waterside approachable.
  • Able to support helicopter operations with multiple fast rope areas.
  • Live fire shotgun breaching capable. (All shotgun breaching ammunition must be approved by the Blackwater Training center.)
  • Explosive breaching capable. (Explosives must be a 1.5 oz. TNT equivalent and authorized by the Blackwater Training Center.)

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah, I didn't think we'd be able to afford to actually rent that, but I just thought it looked awesome!

I can get breaching ammo for the shotgun and 5.56mm Winchester Ranger frangible for the PLR-16. All we need to do is find somebody with a Helo and some small watercraft. :celebrate

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I got the water craft!
Inner_tube_large.JPG

Weak 9mm

imported post

That was the biggest internet related failure I've seen in a LONG time.

I was trying to make one post with the photo beneath it, but somehow it repeated itself 3 times as I repeatedly lost and regained my connection to the internet. My fault entirely, but wow!

Attachments

• IMG_0446(2).jpg
    IMG_0446(2).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 259

Weak 9mm

imported post

this-uh-what-caym-in-da-mayl

Attachments

• IMG_0448(2).jpg
    IMG_0448(2).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 266

Weak 9mm