Thread: Anybody in W.WA got an SP101 they wanna ditch?

Post imported post

I thought I read in an earlier post about want ads were OK for this forum. If I was mistaken, please delete this thread.

I'm looking for a Ruger SP101 in .357 w/a 2-1/4" bbl (bobbed OR spurred hammer OK). Extras like grips/holsters are welcomed. I'm trying to get a revolver package that I like, and the airweights are NOT for me. I've tried. Please PM me w/details and pics if possible. I am in Pierce County, but am mobile and will travel a decent distance for the right deal. I am looking for a face-to-face deal with a fellow WA CPL holder. Thanks!

State Researcher

Post imported post

And I'll pay $5 more than G20:P!!! Maybe if TWO people want to unload one of these...

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    And I'll pay $5 more than G20:P!!! Maybe if TWO people want to unload one of these...
    I'd bet I'd beat you to the deal if we were racing, though!

Post imported post

Very nice gun, highly recommended (and mine is very much not for sale!)

Post imported post

Hi G20,

Try http://www.outdoorstrader.com if you don't have any luck on here.

It is a website I started because craigslist doesn't allow firearms ads. It has really grown in the last few months.

I have an SP101 and really like it. The GP100 is very nice, too, but a bit larger.

Post imported post

Well,I guess I'm about as patient as Rosie O'Donnell at a pizza buffet. I was waiting for a nice used one to come along, but after about 36 hours, I was sick of waiting. So, today I bought a new SP101 today to add to the stable. It's the 2-1/4" bbl version with the DAO bobbed hammer. Going to be great as a CC gun.

Post imported post

I didn't realize it, but it looks like these were offered in 9mm at one time. If I ever spot one of those for sale, it is mine!

Post imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
    I didn't realize it, but it looks like these were offered in 9mm at one time. If I ever spot one of those for sale, it is mine!
    A 9mm revolver? That would be odd.

Hah, turns out Taurus still makes one. At the request of LE for cross-carry without changing caliber. Those clips would be annoying though.

Post imported post

They also make a revolver in 45ACP.

Post imported post

I've been trying to find one of those 9mm SP101's for a while. How long would that last? A 25oz. all-stainless 5-shot revolver????And the ability for LEO's to carry the same ammo in their back-up revolver as in their service pistols was EXACTLY the idea behind these guns. Smith, Taurus and Ruger all have produced small, 5-shot, 9mm revolvers that never really caught on. When they do come up for sale on the market, they will usually fetch about an extra 50% more than the same gun in the "standard" caliber.