• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody in W.WA got an SP101 they wanna ditch?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I thought I read in an earlier post about want ads were OK for this forum. If I was mistaken, please delete this thread.

I'm looking for a Ruger SP101 in .357 w/a 2-1/4" bbl (bobbed OR spurred hammer OK). Extras like grips/holsters are welcomed. I'm trying to get a revolver package that I like, and the airweights are NOT for me. I've tried. Please PM me w/details and pics if possible. I am in Pierce County, but am mobile and will travel a decent distance for the right deal. I am looking for a face-to-face deal with a fellow WA CPL holder. Thanks!

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Well,I guess I'm about as patient as Rosie O'Donnell at a pizza buffet. I was waiting for a nice used one to come along, but after about 36 hours, I was sick of waiting. So, today I bought a new SP101 today to add to the stable. It's the 2-1/4" bbl version with the DAO bobbed hammer. Going to be great as a CC gun.

heresolong

imported post

Cue-Ball wrote:
I didn't realize it, but it looks like these were offered in 9mm at one time. If I ever spot one of those for sale, it is mine!
A 9mm revolver? That would be odd.

Hah, turns out Taurus still makes one. At the request of LE for cross-carry without changing caliber. Those clips would be annoying though.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I've been trying to find one of those 9mm SP101's for a while. How long would that last? A 25oz. all-stainless 5-shot revolver????And the ability for LEO's to carry the same ammo in their back-up revolver as in their service pistols was EXACTLY the idea behind these guns. Smith, Taurus and Ruger all have produced small, 5-shot, 9mm revolvers that never really caught on. When they do come up for sale on the market, they will usually fetch about an extra 50% more than the same gun in the "standard" caliber.