Thread: OC on a motorcycle

Post imported post

Anyone oc on a bike, If so how.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Crossdraw.

Sitting down or standing up, that's how I prefer to OC.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just completed a short Memorial Day trip through part of WV on my motorcycle and OC'd the entire time (from VA West down US 50 to the Clarksburg area). I even stopped and had a conversation with a nice WV State Trooper. He and the hotel manager were discussing the anti-gun groups in DC.

With that said, I did run into one problem at one business. At the end of my 5 hour ride, I stopped at "Buffalo Wild Wings" in Bridgeport, WV (an hour after talking with the WV State Trooper). I ordered some food and watched sports on the TV while waiting. The Manager approached me and the conversation was almost identical to below.

Mgr: Are you a federal agent?
    Me: No, I am not.
    Mgr: Would you remove your gun and place it in your car?
    Me: I'm riding a motorcycle with no way to properly secure it, so that would be irresponsible of me. (no locks on my saddlebags)
    Mgr: It would make me and some of my customers a little more comfortable if you would take off your gun.
    Me: Sir, you have the right to ask me to leave and I will or I can eat my sandwich when it arrives in a minute and then I'll leave, but I will not remove my gun.
    Mgr: You won't remove your gun?
    Me: No, you can ask me to leave and I will or I can eat and then leave, but I will not remove my gun.
    Mgr: Then I'm asking you to leave.

So, I left and will never eat at that business again.

I have a conceal carry permit, but I was open carrying. I had no intention of concealing nor did I have the right holster with me to do so. I also checked the door/windows when I entered and there were no signs indicating guns weren't allowed. The waiter returned as I was leaving and apologized for his manager's behavior.

Edit to add because I forgot: Blackhawk paddle holster, right hip is my open carry setup. It doesn't interfere with my riding at all.

Post imported post

jnoe wrote:
    Anyone oc on a bike, If so how.
    Sig P220 or RIA 1911 cross draw in Arizona.

Post imported post

The same way I OC anywhere else. Shoulder holster seems to be more comfortable than on my hip, but that works as well.