• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good starbucks experience

Agent 47

imported post

So I was on my way to work yesterday and decided to stop off at Starbucks for a drink. The parking lot was filled with about nine state patrol cars. I pulled my motorcycle into an available space and saw a couple troopers look at me through the window as I dismounted and walked to the front door. I entered and walked past a group of them and went up to the counter and placed my order. The Baristas were as friendly as they always are when I go in there and I stood around waiting for my drink. I got my drink sat down one table over from the group of troopers with my gun side facing them. Nobody batted an eye, I finished my drink and left. Not a word spoken, no nasty looks from anyone, overall this is how almost all my days go but I like to get a good story out there every once and a while.

Cue-Ball

imported post

Unfortunately, most of us post only when we have a bad encounter or when the legislators/police try to strip us of our rights. I suspect the vast majority of our interactions are like this one - uneventful. It's good to post them every now and again, just to balance things out and give some perspective.

Misguided Child

imported post

It's a good thing Agent 47's day started out so well... I was in the store a few hours later and it was pouring rain. He really wasn't looking forward to going home on the motorcycle anytime soon!

ScorpioMk

imported post

Ive never OC'd before till today (besides at home or at friends),I always carry with a skyops IWB holster. It was only for a short time but while I was at the Alderwood Mall I was trying on different sweatshirts and shoes with my pistol in full view of the 2 employee's and didnt get a second look from either of them. Kind of suprised me actually, Im sure that they both saw it in my jeans as both were helping find things on and off, I was almost hoping for a question or two about it but I guess its good that it was nothing special to either of them.

Marcus

kaiser-sozay

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
So I was on my way to work yesterday and decided to stop off at Starbucks for a drink. The parking lot was filled with about nine state patrol cars. I pulled my motorcycle into an available space and saw a couple troopers look at me through the window as I dismounted and walked to the front door. I entered and walked past a group of them and went up to the counter and placed my order. The Baristas were as friendly as they always are when I go in there and I stood around waiting for my drink. I got my drink sat down one table over from the group of troopers with my gun side facing them. Nobody batted an eye, I finished my drink and left. Not a word spoken, no nasty looks from anyone, overall this is how almost all my days go but I like to get a good story out there every once and a while.
Question, I usually never open cary. But what do you carry in the open? Do you try to make it obvious? I mean obviuos like a Ruger super red hawk or something like that. I like to carry a more conceilable weapon, like my Kimber ultra compact. Only because its comfortable. Concield or not, I still feel that people get uncomfortable when they see it..

just_a_car

imported post

I carry my G27 "baby-GLOCK" for both CC and OC for the simple reason that it's versatile and comfortable. Carry what you will when you will within the law.