Thread: does mi. have a number like the guy in new.hampshire called when stoped for o.c.,ing

Post imported post

# in mi. like new hampshire oc,ing stop that he called when police approached.

Post imported post

bossbart wrote:
    # in mi. like new hampshire oc,ing stop that he called when police approached.

Do you mean this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXn...c%3D10019%2E45

What area in Mi are you from (county)?

Post imported post

yes. the guy on you tube link in your post

i'm from wayne county, metro detroit area

Post imported post

bossbart wrote:
    yes. the guy on you tube link in your post

i'm from wayne county, metro detroit area

I made an assumption that Dave was somehow affiliated with PORC 411.

Though, heshould not havebeen hassled in the first place, clearly, his/their stance was that of intimidation (testing the waters). IMHO.

If Dave had been...just going about his business and not trying to turn it into a circus act, he probably would've been confronted.

Also, that buddy of his did not help the cause (Open Carry) by any means. Waving his hand in front of the officers face, for example...what an idiot!!!

Sorry, I know this didn't answer your question (your original post). I just had to go off on a bit of a rant about this.

I'm not sure who I would call in a situation like this. Possibly someone to bail me out, depending on the attitude of the LEO.

Post imported post

I saw that video last week, I wasn't very impressed. That is not the way to handle a confrontation. I dont think he, or his buddy could have been more rude. I'm not really interested in watching it again, but it seemed like he was on the phone with a radio station or something...

Post imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
    I saw that video last week, I wasn't very impressed. That is not the way to handle a confrontation. I dont think he, or his buddy could have been more rude. I'm not really interested in watching it again, but it seemed like he was on the phone with a radio station or something...
    People and/or antics like that will only set the OC, and even, the CC movement back a few steps. And yes, I believe he was affiliated, or at least, premeditated that scenario with radio station (PORC 411).

Post imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
    A big +1 on that, Guy on phone was calm, police were calm, his buddy could have caused an escalation especially when he was waiving his hands in front of the second officers face.

Dancing about and making certain statements like the guy was is an open invitation to start a confrontation, one that when it starts he will run like a cur.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    kmcdowel wrote:
    People and/or antics like that will only set the OC, and even, the CC movement back a few steps. And yes, I believe he was affiliated, or at least, premeditated that scenario with radio station (PORC 411).
    Porc411 is not a radio station; it's a voicemail system that emails recorded messages to subscribers. Porc411 exists solely to let fellow activists know that something urgent is happening (and sometimes "urgent" means someone has had a car wreck, or is broken down and stranded, or important legislation is having a hearing.)

This wasn't premeditated. Dave was on his way to a scheduled meeting in a public restaurant, and had no way of knowing a Highway Patrol officer would be driving by at that moment.

Let's look at how these "antics" have "set the OC, and even, the CC movement back a few steps": The highway patrol (whose officer initiated the contact) apologized and admitted Dave was doing nothing wrong. The mayor of Manchester (whose officers responded and were also involved) apologized (in person, at that very restaurant) and promised that his chiefs and officers would know and respect the law.

It's a shame more places where OC is legal don't take such "backward steps".

Post imported post

Let's look at how these "antics" have "set the OC, and even, the CC movement back a few steps": The highway patrol (whose officer initiated the contact) apologized and admitted Dave was doing nothing wrong. The mayor of Manchester (whose officers responded and were also involved) apologized (in person, at that very restaurant) and promised that his chiefs and officers would know and respect the law.

It's a shame more places where OC is legal don't take such "backward steps".
    I think we would have seen similar results if the'Dave' and friend weren't so obnoxious. The highway patrol would still have had to admit Dave was doing nothing wrong, and a simple email/letter to the mayor informing him of the incident and your frustration with his PDwould result in his officers being education.

Since I have been OCing and spending time on this forum, I have come to see OCers as a group of very responsible, educated and polite citizens, and I am proud to be a member of that group. I don’t feel ‘Dave’s’ behavior was commendable or appropriate by any means; the situationcould have been handled in a more mature fashion.

Post imported post

Dave had a few moments where I think he could have interacted little more positively, but that is armchair quarterbacking and overall, I don't have a problem with what he did. I would do much the same thing in places where I know my rights as well as he does.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

i think he handled the confrontation very well. he knows the law and followed it. he didn't give the officer any unecesary information and he kept his cool (unlike his buddy)