• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots himself, well you read how..

ralphb72

imported post

Man accidentally shoots himself during store robbery

KOKOMO, Ind. (AP) — Kokomo police say a man accidentally shot himself in the groin as he was robbing a convenience store.

A clerk told police a man carrying a semiautomatic handgun entered the Village Pantry this morning demanding cash and a pack of cigarettes. The clerk put the cash in a bag and as she turned to get the cigarettes, she heard the gun discharge.

Police say surveillance video shows the man shooting himself as he placed the gun in the waistband of his pants. The clerk wasn't injured.
A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg. He was expected to have surgery at a hospital.

Police plan to charge him with armed robbery.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15051234/detail.html

Should have gotten a holster I guess.

Beau

imported post

This is just too funny. What gets me is that the guy went to his Grandmothers house and told her he was shot while someone was trying to rob him. What a douche.

drkarrow

imported post

A holster won't neccessarily help. If your finger is on the trigger while you try to put your gun in your pants or a holster, your pants/holster will push your finger into the trigger.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
:D:lol::celebrate:monkeyThat idiot shouldexpect toreceive a "Darwin Award".
Only if he managed to do enough damage to remove himself from the gene pool. Although you generally have to get yourself killed, there are ways, such as this incident perhaps, to meet the qualification of removing yourself from the gene pool.