what make/model/caliber do you have??
the glock 23 i would rule out, because it's a .40S&W and as my sister would say "it's too snappy, jason!" (this coming from the same girl that loves to shoot my sig 229 in .357sig) .
Im not going to play the "this gun is better than this gun" bit, however i would suggest you rent some of these and let her decide which she prefers.
For work and OC(80% of the time) i carry a glock model 22, for the other 20% of OC i carry a SIG P229 Elite or my S&W Model 19 .357. And depending on my mood/pants i can CC all of those without any problem.
Has she given any consideration to revolvers? My baby sister is getting married in march and I'm considering getting her a firearm as a wedding present. I am leaning towards a revolver with some crimson trace laser grips because of the simplicity aspect. I hope that i was of some help.