• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Blackwater Training Weekend

Wanna shoot on the Blackwater training grounds?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I have an alternative

• Total voters

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Please track this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=7384&forum_id=41&jump_to=120579

We would like to know if we can get a group together for a Spring shoot, maybe even a weekend training event. Blackwater offers group discounts and also has a public range (I believe). We could just have a meetup on the range followed by a Game BBQ (or your average BBQ if you don't like game).

What do you think?

John, if it's viable, could you make this a sticky?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I, like most people, are going to be dependant on price. Heck, maybe we can turn this into a news story about open carriers spending our own time and money to become better trained. (we don't have to tell them it's so much fun! :D)

FightingGlock19

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
:cry:Nobody else?

usually everybody's in for something until they see they might have to spend some money. After all, who needs firearms training when they already know how to shoot, eh?

Travel costs would be the only thing prohibitive to me.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Why? Maybe some folks might like to make a weekend trip down to the Carolinas in the Spring. Great weather, OC state, and the smell of gun powder in the morning. We could just use their training grounds sans instruction. I believe their ranges are open to the public.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Yeah I think we need to find out how much before anyone can really say for sure whether or not they're interested. I can't imagine saying no for $10 a person, but if it's hundreds I can imagine lots of people not going.