Thread: House Bill 592 - Ban on Gun Collectors at Virginia Gun Shows

Post imported post

The Federal Collectors License is worthless at gun shows if this law is passed.The "Gun Show Loophole" law would make it a felonyfor afederally licensed gun collector to buy, sell or trade firearms amongst themselves at gun shows. Out of state gun collectors could not buy sell or tradebecause Dealers may only transfer to people that reside in the state in which they are licensed. (With limited long gun exceptions.)

Do the gun grabbers realize what the unintended consequence of theirBan on Gun Collectors will bring.

1. Collectors are only required to maintain their bound books while they maintain their license. If this law is passed I will return my useless license to the Federal Government and on the next day shred my bound book, forever eliminating any traceability of all those transactions. I do not think I would be alone in this action.

2. It would harm the tourist industry of Virginia. Why would out of state gun collectors attend Virginia gun shows if their Federal license to collect was not valid at Virginia gun shows?

HB 592 linked here:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...?081+ful+HB592

US Code Title 18, Part I, Chapter 44, Section 921 Dealer Definition linked here:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/921.html

ATF FAQ linked here:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Looks like all the "Gun Show Loophole" laws were shot in committee. Good news for liberty.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

next up is the Senate version, tobe considered by Sen., Courts of Justice Committee on Monday at 9AM - see all the VA folks bright and early at the General Assembly Building for lobby day and to see the destruction of this bill too!