• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Unwashed Masses Say you can't OC in Pike's Place Market

heresolong

imported post

Maybe someone who is registered on Glock Talk should post the Casad decision (since there is a post claiming that the last relevant court case found that open carry was a problem) and post the fact that Pike Place Market is operated by the city of Seattle through the "Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority", all in the name of education of course.

heresolong

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
Maybe someone should OC in Pike place and post a picture on that board.
Won't prove anything. They'll just assume that you got lucky. Or that you took the picture just before the SWAT team took you out.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

C'mon guys, I'm over there bustin' my butt to provethe legality of OC to the "unwashed masses"and you guys are sitting back saying "maybe SOMEONE should post a picture......?"

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ya know, this is the second time I have heard this sort of stuff from GT people. I wonder if it is just the kind of people who buy plastic pistols:p

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Ya know, this is the second time I have heard this sort of crap from GT people. I wonder if it is just the kind of people who buy plastic pistols:p
Yeah, and the first time, I was the "unwashed" person who started the thread over there at GT titled: "Anyone OC in the newly OC-able WA state???" And now, due to your guys' responses at that point, and my own research here on this site, I OC whenever I can. Here's an opportunity to pass along some more education regarding legal OC. Let's not let it pass. After all, this is what we are REALLY here for, right?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Ya know, this is the second time I have heard this sort of crap from GT people. I wonder if it is just the kind of people who buy plastic pistols:p
Yeah, and the first time, I was the "unwashed" person who started the thread over there at GT titled: "Anyone OC in the newly OC-able WA state???" And now, due to your guys' responses at that point, and my own research here on this site, I OC whenever I can. Here's an opportunity to pass along some more education regarding legal OC. Let's not let it pass. After all, this is what we are REALLY here for, right?
I was trying to be goofy, hence the smily face, and edit to a friendlier tone. Sorry. Didn't realize it was you the first time either...:D

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

SV, no offense taken, whatsoever. The only thing I've taken from this site was knowledge and insight I didn't have before. I'm just saying that I was one of "them" 6 months ago. Time to earn some OC converts!!!!

Wheelgunner

imported post

I will be in Pike Place Market OC'ing on Saturday. I will Post a picture of me and my Smith.

Of course, it is only a revolver...

Finding a Cop to have my picture taken with may be a problem...

3/325

imported post

There are some 80,000 people on GlockTalk. In a crowd that large you're going to have a few who are passionately misinformed. But for every "special case" on GT I've found a dozen or more decent, educated, and civilized people. I've been on there for about a year and, by and large, it's a good site to check out. The Admins and Mods seem to be good people, too.

G27

imported post

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You are always going to have people that are so concerned about what the general public things about their firearms that they are going to conceal. I generally conceal, but that's just how it works out with the clothes I wear. During the summer I OC a lot. I believe in letting people know that it is their,

"The Constitution of most of our states and of the United States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

heresolong

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
I will be in Pike Place Market OC'ing on Saturday. I will Post a picture of me and my Smith.

Of course, it is only a revolver...

Finding a Cop to have my picture taken with may be a problem...
Pretend you're a tourist.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Thanks to Morris and Lonnie for their reinforcements over at the GT thread. I was running out of steam with this Mr. Hansen. It's hard to argue with someone who doesn't feel the need to be logical or actually read what the law SAYS, not what he thinks it means, or thinks how cops/judges/prosecutors will interpret it.

Agent 47

imported post

Morris wrote:
I posted to the GT thread. I'm sure Mr. Hansen will have something witty for me.

Love, your resident Bacon Bits
Well hopefully your input will be what it takes to shut down the dumbassary.:)