Thread: Is a .45 ACP better than a cell phone?

Post imported post

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8U71VHO1.html

"I don't know if they are on drugs or not," the woman is overheard saying on his radio. "They are screaming about an animal that has attacked them and there isn't an animal out. He is talking about a third person, but I don't see a third person." The man is heard on the 911 call, saying, "That is virtually impossible. ... I can't imagine how he could have possibly gotten attacked by a lion. He would have had to have gotten in. I just can't see it."
    "I think this guy is on something. He is really agitated," the woman says.
    "They don't know if he got attacked by a lion. They are both very agitated and they might be on drugs," the man tells the dispatcher.
    At the same time, one of the victims was on another line with a 911 dispatcher, desperately pleading for help and begging to know why it was taking so long to get it, according to a recording of the call.

Well, OK, perhaps only marginally in the case of a tiger attack. But still...

Post imported post

May not have saved your life, but then again, 13 rds of .45 caliber Corbon DPX, which is good penetrating .45 ammo, into an agitated, semi-domesticated tiger, might cause it to go find something or someone else to chew on. It would certainly get it's attention one way or other.

Liberals never understand that even if it only takes authorities 5 minutes to respond, the life or death situation is usually already over.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

While a 45 ACP delivers a solid punch, you can see here that it doesn't produce a wound cavity that even comes close to matching a cell phone.

Post imported post

I thought this might be another of those Glock cell phone posts LOL

Post imported post

3/325 wrote:
    While a 45 ACP delivers a solid punch, you can see here that it doesn't produce a wound cavity that even comes close to matching a cell phone.

LMAO That's funny - I don't care who you are...
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

As with most other questions, my answer is, "It depends."

If you're 60 miles from anywhere and you're out of gas, you may find the cell phone to be "better" than the .45

On the other hand, if you're a drunk and stoned moron who has been standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, you'll probably find it "better" if someone has a .45.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

mzbk2l wrote:

If you're 60 miles from anywhere and you're out of gas, you may find the cell phone to be "better" than the .45

On the other hand, if you're a drunk and stoned moron who has been standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, you'll probably find it "better" if someone has a .45.
    Why not carry both?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

On a dark mountain road in Mexico in 1970 my carburetor fuel filter plugged and I had to pull over to the side of the road to remove the filter. My .45 made me feel better than any cell phone would have. Were there even any cell phones at that time?
    Of course, had the federales or rurales found me with that .45 in their country, it would have been a different story.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    mzbk2l wrote:

Why not carry both?
    I do, but that wasn't the question.

On further consideration, if I was to encounter a drunk and stoned moron standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, I would hope he did NOT have a .45

Anyone that stupid is likely to hurt people....