• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is a .45 ACP better than a cell phone?

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080116/D8U71VHO1.html

[font="Verdana,Sans-serif"] "I don't know if they are on drugs or not," the woman is overheard saying on his radio. "They are screaming about an animal that has attacked them and there isn't an animal out. He is talking about a third person, but I don't see a third person." The man is heard on the 911 call, saying, "That is virtually impossible. ... I can't imagine how he could have possibly gotten attacked by a lion. He would have had to have gotten in. I just can't see it."
"I think this guy is on something. He is really agitated," the woman says.
"They don't know if he got attacked by a lion. They are both very agitated and they might be on drugs," the man tells the dispatcher.
At the same time, one of the victims was on another line with a 911 dispatcher, desperately pleading for help and begging to know why it was taking so long to get it, according to a recording of the call.

Well, OK, perhaps only marginally in the case of a tiger attack. But still...

[/font]

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

May not have saved your life, but then again, 13 rds of .45 caliber Corbon DPX, which is good penetrating .45 ammo, into an agitated, semi-domesticated tiger, might cause it to go find something or someone else to chew on. It would certainly get it's attention one way or other.

Liberals never understand that even if it only takes authorities 5 minutes to respond, the life or death situation is usually already over.

3/325

imported post

While a 45 ACP delivers a solid punch, you can see here that it doesn't produce a wound cavity that even comes close to matching a cell phone.

phoneballistics.jpg

mzbk2l

imported post

As with most other questions, my answer is, "It depends."

If you're 60 miles from anywhere and you're out of gas, you may find the cell phone to be "better" than the .45

On the other hand, if you're a drunk and stoned moron who has been standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, you'll probably find it "better" if someone has a .45.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mzbk2l wrote:

If you're 60 miles from anywhere and you're out of gas, you may find the cell phone to be "better" than the .45

On the other hand, if you're a drunk and stoned moron who has been standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, you'll probably find it "better" if someone has a .45.
Why not carry both?

Eagle

imported post

On a dark mountain road in Mexico in 1970 my carburetor fuel filter plugged and I had to pull over to the side of the road to remove the filter. My .45 made me feel better than any cell phone would have. Were there even any cell phones at that time?
Of course, had the federales or rurales found me with that .45 in their country, it would have been a different story.

mzbk2l

imported post

Venator wrote:
mzbk2l wrote:

Why not carry both?
I do, but that wasn't the question. :)

On further consideration, if I was to encounter a drunk and stoned moron standing on top of a wall yelling at the tiger on the other side, I would hope he did NOT have a .45

Anyone that stupid is likely to hurt people.... :lol: