Thread: Seattle weighs in on handgun ban

Post imported post

Seattles own Prosecuting Attorney, Thomas Carr is a NUTCASE. WOW, OMG

This CLOWN needs to go... I am simply appauled at all the taking away of peoples rights in this state since this new year has started. WHAT IS GOING ON???

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/..._scotus16.html

Post imported post

So, when is someone going to contact the US Prosecuting Attornies about the representatives in the state of WA that are violating US Code, Title 18, Section 242 'Deprivation of Civil Rights Under Color of Law' in the fact that they are "impair"ing the right of an individual to bear arms (WA Constitution, Article 1, Section 24)?...

This specifically includes Mayors and Judges, i.e. Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels, who is cited in that article. I would imagine that also includes the Seattle City Attorney Thomas Carr that signed that brief.

These men are now criminals and should be treated as such.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Apparently it doesn't matter if you are educated beyond your intelligence if you are going to be a Seattle City Attorney. He apparently is unaware of the provision in the Washington Constitution that guarantees the INDIVIDUAL right to keep firearms.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    ... He apparently is unaware of the provision in the Washington Constitution that guarantees the INDIVIDUAL right to keep firearms.
    He is aware of it, he just doesn't care.

Post imported post

Unless he can get the STATE to change RCW 9.41.290 (State preemption), all he can do is blow smoke. And it seems that Seattle politicians know how to do THAT really well.

Post imported post

From the cite:

the cities, joined by the nonpartisan U.S. Conference of Mayors,

Nonpartisan my red haired ass. Most (if not all) of the mayors of the cities mentioned are Democrats!!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Apparently it doesn't matter if you are educated beyond your intelligence if you are going to be a Seattle City Attorney. He apparently is unaware of the provision in the Washington Constitution that guarantees the INDIVIDUAL right to keep firearms.

I don't place much faith in Washington state Government ( or local for that matter) just think back to the vote for Safeco Field, voters turned it down Government built it anyway. The last Governors election Rossi won twice Gregriore once look whos in office. My thoughts are that these people would change the constitution in a heart beat if they felt it would further their political agenda. Mark my words if the court upholds the DC ban it will be here in a heart beat!

Post imported post

Regrettably, stupid peoples' rights of free speech are protected even if they suck tax dollars for a living. He's probably doing what he thinks is correct (to get himself re-elected). Judging by the ratio of pro-gun vs anti-gun (about 104 to 4 by my count) in the article referenced by the OP he might want to reconsider.

"to willfully deprive" - merely being incompetent is protected behaviour for our fine officials.

Post imported post

Well, boys and girls, fire up all that indignation and be prepared to trek to Olympia on short notice in the event some legislation surfaces that needs to be addressed at a hearing.

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    Well, boys and girls, fire up all that indignation and be prepared to trek to Olympia on short notice in the event some legislation surfaces that needs to be addressed at a hearing.
    i think orginizing a carpool would be funny.

that and i don't yet trust the new to me rig to do that trip.

Post imported post

An assclown and a lawyer, but I repeat myself.

Post imported post

This clown Carr was on the radio last night on the commentators radio show with Schramm and Carlson. Carr basically wants to round up every gun and melt them down. He doesn't care about any laws now on the books. Nickles and Carr just want your guns. It is just as bad as Pelosi and Boxer in California.

Unfortunately the Commentators didn't really hold this clown to the fire and I thought he got away with way to much false info. On the good side the two hosts of the show did not agree with him, even liberal Schramm, and told him so but I didn't think they were hard enough on himand asked softball questions.

Let's face it you are never going to change the mind of an idiot like Nickles orhis lackey,Carr. The only answer is to vote them out of office. The only way they will get my guns is "from my cold dead hands".

Post imported post

Carr is a lawyer. How can you tella lawyer is lying? Make that a Liberal Lawyer in a Liberal city that doesn't care about anything but his win loss record so he can run for a different office. Are his lips moving? Then he is lying and in this case everything he says is a lie. Seattle has no control over any gun laws in this state.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Carr is a lawyer. How can you tella lawyer is lying? Make that a Liberal Lawyer in a Liberal city that doesn't care about anything but his win loss record so he can run for a different office. Are his lips moving? Then he is lying and in this case everything he says is a lie. Seattle has no control over any gun laws in this state.
    Seattle doesn't even have control over gun laws in Seattle.

We need to keep it that way.

Post imported post

Anyone see the story on King 5 about violent crime being down I beleive it was 20% last year in Seattle