• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stalker broke into the wrong house.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That story is such perfect proof of the concept that when seconds matter, the police will eventually get there. I'm not blaming the police, it's just the reality that given the relatively small numbers of LEO we have compared to our criminal population, they can't be everywhere they might be needed.

Weak 9mm

imported post

You can tell she really didn't want to do that, but had no choice. She tried not to and asked him to stop even AFTER he had opened the door and came right up to her! I can't imagine not shooting before then. I was almost shaking just from listening to that recording. This recording puts the sheer intensity of a real self defense situation into perspective in a way that is more powerful than any other I've encountered before.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I can't believe the operator said "Let's not do anything too rash." The minute someone trys to break into my house wether they know I'm there or not is reason enough to shoot them.

I'm glad she shot him, I'm not glad she had to go through this.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
I can't believe the operator said "Let's not do anything too rash."
Amen! I heard about this comment before the audio was posted and was outraged. I'm not glad she went through this either, but I am very glad that she had the ability and the will to defend herself when she had to do so.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I think you guys are being a bit too hard on the dispatcher, from the context, the "lets not be rash" statement was made before he began pounding on the door. So it looks more like a case of the dispatcher wanting her to stay in the room and not go hunting for him, which would be the best option (at this point, it wasn't even sure whether he knew she was home or not).

Walther

imported post

IMHO she shot a little late, lucky for her it was not too late.

I'm also sorry she went through what she did but glad she was able to do what she did.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

nathan wrote:
At 4:40 on the video the dispatcher says, "It's only been two minutes." But that is over four minutes into the call..
She says it's only been two minutes, she may have meant 2 minutes since police were dispatched...

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
That story is such perfect proof of the concept that when seconds matter, the police will eventually get there. I'm not blaming the police, it's just the reality that given the relatively small numbers of LEO we have compared to our criminal population, they can't be everywhere they might be needed.

And to be certain, the answer is NOT more police! The answer is more responsible, honest citizens carrying!

sccrref

imported post

DreQo wrote:
nathan wrote:
At 4:40 on the video the dispatcher says, "It's only been two minutes." But that is over four minutes into the call..
She says it's only been two minutes, she may have meant 2 minutes since police were dispatched...
Either way, way too much time elapsed between receiving the call, dispatching the police and them getting there. I remember something about when seconds count.....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
deepdiver wrote:

And to be certain, the answer is NOT more police! The answer is more responsible, honest citizens carrying!
Amen!

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

sccrref wrote:
DreQo wrote:
nathan wrote:
Either way, way too much time elapsed between receiving the call, dispatching the police and them getting there. I remember something about when seconds count.....
...the police won't show up till AFTER you've shot the BG? At least, that's how it is in my house.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
...the police won't show up till AFTER you've shot the BG? At least, that's how it is in my house.
That is hilariously worded. I immediately had a scene play out in my head of whiterabbit on the phone:

Hello, Sgt O'Mally? Yeah, it's me, WhiteRabbit. I got another one... No, not the dining room. It was in the library with the revolver... Who the hell is Colonel Mustard? What? ... Oh, ahaha... No I didn't call you first.... Why not? You never show up until after they are shot. ... No you haven't, not once. ... Yeah, well I figured this time I would just not waste time making the phone call... Ok, ok, next time I'll call first but you know your guys aren't going to show up until after I shoot the BG. That's how it is...

Sorry, WhiteRabbit, no offense intended, but that just started bouncing around my head as soon as I read your comment and I started to LOL.

tarzan1888

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
That is hilariously worded. I immediately had a scene play out in my head of whiterabbit on the phone:

Hello, Sgt O'Mally? Yeah, it's me, WhiteRabbit. I got another one... No, not the dining room. It was in the library with the revolver... Who the hell is Colonel Mustard? What? ... Oh, ahaha... No I didn't call you first.... Why not? You never show up until after they are shot. ... No you haven't, not once. ... Yeah, well I figured this time I would just not waste time making the phone call... Ok, ok, next time I'll call first but you know your guys aren't going to show up until after I shoot the BG. That's how it is...

Sorry, WhiteRabbit, no offense intended, but that just started bouncing around my head as soon as I read your comment and I started to LOL.

That is funny. :celebrate

Tarzan

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote:

LOL, certainly that was not my intention of meaning. that is funny though. I only meant, if someone breaks into my house while I'm there, and I didn't know they were trying to get in, I would shoot them on the spot, and then call the police. If I knew someone was trying to get in, I would have my girlfriend call the cops while I cover the entrances. Should the BG get in before the cops arrive, it'll be a bad day for the BG.

OneShot

imported post

She was extremely calm given the situation or at leaast that how she seemed to me. I'm glad she protected herself. It's a shame the LEO's couldn't or didn't do anything to this guy before it came to this. With all of the previous problems she had with the guy, it's a wonder.