• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USA Today poll

Flintlock

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
97% say yes, 2nd Amendment protects an individual RKBA

The polldoesn't say protects... It says gives...

I voted yes but I have strong reservations about an incorrect statement like that...

LEO 229

imported post

It starts with "The second amendment means...."

So I feel the question is geared tosee what people think.

In this case.... do the people have the right to own guns??

And the correct answer is"YES!"

Only a few people out of 668,878 got it wrong.

Flintlock

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
It starts with "The second amendment means...."

So I feel the question is geared tosee what people think.

In this case.... do the people have the right to own guns??

And the correct answer is"YES!"

Only a few people out of 668,878 got it wrong.
I agree but when the media misconstrues the question, you are likely to get a misconstrued answer.

Here was the poll question..."Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?" The answer... Well, yes, we have the right to bear arms, but the second amendment doesn't "give" us anything. It merely enumerates already pre-existing rights and protects them. If we go around stating the constitution gives us our rights, then we are failing to see our founders' vision.

LEO 229

imported post

I would not get worked up over it.

In any case a ton of people believe that the people should be allowed to have guns... ;)