• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happenings in Arlington

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So there I was... sitting in Denny's in Arlington (530 just off I-5) eating my breakfast, drinking my coffee, and openly wearing my S&W 38 Special on my hip. It was pretty quiet, only a half dozen customers in the entire restaurant. I often stop here or at another restaurant in Marysville on the way home from work. It's about 1:30am.

Now I am sitting along the very back wall of the restaurant facing the front door so I can see everything. I look up and there are three BIG (and I do mean BIG) cops walking in the door. They are wearing those Black Uniforms you see on COPS when they are doing abigbust, but with the big yellow letters "POLICE" on the back.

Nothing to worry about I say to myself, what I'm doing is perfectly legal. Then I notice that they are heading my way. I start to get a little nervous.They are heading towards me like they are on a mission.Holy CARP! I think. (Yes, I routinely make exclamations about religious goldfish)

Then, justa couplesteps in front of me, they turn, and grab the guy at the end of the counter, pull his arms around behind him and cuff him. "You are under arrest... you have a felony warrant". They then ask him to state his name and date of birth. He complies.

Instantly I feel relief... no confrontation with the locals for me tonight :)

The guy in the booth next to me looks at me.... "Well... that was exciting!" he says. I agree

I sit there for about another 15 to 20 minutes, finish my breakfast, head up to the counter and pay my bill. I notice the cops are still outside. No... not just the three I saw inside the restaurant... there had to be half the county sheriffsdept out there!

I head to the truck. I counted four vehicles full of cops, a Van with 8 of them all dressed in black, three unmarked cars, and one marked sheriffs car. Maybe there were more... I don'tknow.

They put the perp into the back of the marked sheriffs car. Several of the cops had to see my sidearm as Iwalk towards the truck, but they ignore me. I stand at the side of the truck for a while and watch.

A crowd has now materialized. I strike up a conversation with one of the Denny's employees that is standing there. Apparently the guy had been arrested here a few months back for selling drugs. He was under orders to stay out of the areaasa conditionof his release.

IanB

imported post

Hahahaha!! Great encounter.

I clicked on this post thinking it was about Arlington VA. :lol:

just_a_car

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Nice.....I can't help but assume every time I see a cop when OCing I think they are coming to talk to me......guess I'm just paranoid that way..... :p

I think the saying goes "You're not paranoid if they're really out to get you." ;)

Excellent OP. It was a good thing you were carrying, you never know, that guy selling drugs could have done something even more stupid... like try to rob the place and everyone in it.

:monkey

Carry On!

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
LOL. For some reason I have that paranoid mindset around town of late... I don't think it hurts.
I think with folks such as us that carry a firearm, you have to make that distinction of the fine line of paranoia and "a hightened state of awareness". Keeping your mind alert and being aware of everything and everyone around you is a good thing and can keep you safe. Once you start thinking that certain people are out to get you and they don't show an apparent threat... you may have crossed that line. ;)