• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Richmond

VApatriot

imported post

I will be going down to Richmond on Monday forLobby Day, but I also plan on doing to little site seeing around the capital. Since it is such a history-rich area, I was just wondering if there are any parts of the city that have been madestate or national parks.I will be OCing, soI don't want to be wandering around, thinking I am well within my rights to open carry in Richmond, only to find out that I can be arrested becauseI have crossed into a prohibited area.

If anyone who knows Richmond well knows of any such parks, please let me know.

Thanks

sitedzn

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I will be going down to Richmond on Monday forLobby Day, but I also plan on doing to little site seeing around the capital. Since it is such a history-rich area, I was just wondering if there are any parts of the city that have been madestate or national parks.I will be OCing, soI don't want to be wandering around, thinking I am well within my rights to open carry in Richmond, only to find out that I can be arrested becauseI have crossed into a prohibited area.

If anyone who knows Richmond well knows of any such parks, please let me know.

Thanks
Steer clear of VCU! I personally don't know all the specifics of sidewalk vs. buildings vs. park areas being VCU property. Can't put my hands on the code reference either.:cuss:

mercutio545

imported post

I go to VCU, and I've asked a VCU police officer what the boundaries were. She said that the sidewalks are public, and she also decided to say that she would "watch for me" and that if she "ever saw me step an inch onto actual 'VCU property' while carrying, then I would be 'taken down' in an instant". I'm not a big fan of the VCU police. A lot of the officers appear to be around my age (early 20's) and not very experienced. I also love how they bought a fleet of brand new, tricked out Dodge Chargers and Ford SUV's with my tuition money. :X

VApatriot

Ric in Richmond

imported post

Hollywoond is one of the really cool weird spots in richmond.

I always take visitors there and they always come away amazed. The views are spectacular and the history contained within is amazing.

The hike over to browns island is also cool if you want to get right down on the river front.

vt357

imported post

For some reason I feel like the Museum of the Confederacy has one of the ghostbuster signs on their door. But I haven't been there in so long I can't remember for sure - I may be totally wrong.

Olivers_AR

imported post

Ric in Richmond wrote:
The hike over to browns island is also cool if you want to get right down on the river front.

Brown's Island is very neat, I've been part of car shows on the island and its a nice place. With the weather predicted to be 27 to 40 degress, might be cold along the waterfront.

--Olivers_AR

VApatriot

imported post

vt357 wrote:
For some reason I feel like the Museum of the Confederacy has one of the ghostbuster signs on their door. But I haven't been there in so long I can't remember for sure - I may be totally wrong.
If they do, I'll be sure to give them a little history lesson of my own about what is needed to fight for independence.

Ric in Richmond

imported post

I was so inspired I went to Hollywood yesterday in the snow.

Paid my respects to JEB Stuart, Lewis Ginter, John Tyler, Jeff Davis and the confederate war dead.

THe place is simply awe inspiring. The views, the art of the headstones, the landscape, the wonder of thousands of lives and their contirbutions all being honored.

Ric

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

vt357 wrote:
Did not see any such signs and I was OCing the entire time.
Yata hey