• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

14 Year old defends himself

buketdude

imported post

I know its not gun related but..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323423,00.html

After trying to hide in a closet, a bat-wielding 14-year-old has no choice but to fight off an intruder rummaging through his Arizona home Tuesday, AZCentral.com reports.

As he heard his locked bedroom door rattling as the burglar tried his screwdriver to open it, Six, clutching an aluminum baseball bat, told a 911 operator he couldn’t exit through his window as she had advised, AZCentral.com reported.

"I didn't know what to do," Six told AZCentral.com Wednesday. "I didn't think I could pop (the window) open. My adrenaline was running. I was scared."

As the man started going through the Six's backpack, the teen stepped out of the closet and took a swing, hitting the man in the back and shoulder.

Police responding to the house quickly rounded up the suspect, Thomas Gonzales Garza, 30.