• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of a Snake

Lthrnck

imported post

Okay you guys think we got it bad.... check this guy out...:what:

Walking With Snake Lands Man in Jail

MASTIC, N.Y. — A man was arrested Tuesday for walking on a highway with a 14-foot python wrapped around his body, police said.

Police in Long Island's Suffolk County say 35-year-old Curtis Dewberry of Wading River was spotted by an officer for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals while out strolling Tuesday afternoon. The officer called police because the python is considered a danger to the public.

Dewberry has been charged with animal cruelty and failure to protect the public against dangerous wildlife. He was being held Tuesday and didn't have a lawyer.

See you can't even open carry your snake anymore without getting hassled.. :lol::cool::p:(

Legba

imported post

How is that cruelty to the animal? Typical. They'll probably "destroy" the beast in their humanitarianinterest of saving it from walks on the beach.

-ljp

Lthrnck

imported post

Now see Leg... if he had a CCS permit (Carry a Concealed Snake) he could have concealed it and no one would be any wiser.. <G> Anyone recommend a good carry holster for a 14ft python...

Decoligny

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
Now see Leg... if he had a CCS permit (Carry a Concealed Snake) he could have concealed it and no one would be any wiser.. <G> Anyone recommend a good carry holster for a 14ft python...
Trojan Magnum is the closest I can think of.:lol:

Splat!!

imported post

I think we all need to get together, Open carry our firearms and take turns calling the local police to report " man with gun "...........Hit one of them city wide garage sale weekends and spread out.....:celebrate

Lthrnck

imported post

Well Splat,

I want to start doing something on a regular basis, starting right here in Englewood.

They City's Law Director, told me in a letter she sent to my lawyer, now that the City has revised the law about firearms in the park, my case against them was "A MOOT POINT". I should just let it go, and I won't be able to further my "PERSONAL AGENDA"

I think the City needs to know, that any time you violate one of your citizens Rights, it is never a MOOT POINT. Also that my personal agenda, happens to be the same for alot of other people.

By the way, to everyone who reads this. The law in Englewood was for "NO GUNS" in the park. This was either concealed or openly. So this victory on getting the city to change was for both OC'ers and CC'cers.

5cardcharlie

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:

MASTIC, N.Y. — A man was arrested Tuesday for walking on a highway with a 14-foot python wrapped around his body, police said.

Wonder if he named his python "Colt" ?