Thread: Magazine pouches

Post imported post

Before I head down to FAS next month I need to have pouches for at least two spare mags on my belt. I bought and tried an Uncle Mikes double pouch and didn't like it, it wouldn't hold the mags tight enough. Looking at what is available online I like the Bianchi M29 and the Safariland 177 low cut but have no idea which might be better. The Blackhawk pouches only come in singles but I could stack as many as I needed.

Anybody have any experience with pouches they could share? I want open top with adjustable tension and they're for Sig .40 mags w/12 rounds.

Thanks,

Alan

Post imported post

I like Serpa mag pouches that you screw onto their rail platform base. It's pretty tight, but about 50$ when you have all the parts.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I personally would recommend against Federal brand pouches. I have one (matches the holster which is pretty good for OCing or even concealingmyRuger P95actually), and at 4:00 it is very difficult to manipulate gun-in-hand. 7:00 would possibly be easier (I'm right-handed) butin any case reaching behind my back Iwould prefer a snap closure rather than velcro. Federal's pouches are also universal, so they are very largeto takeeven the big Glock 17 or 21 mags, and my double-stack 15-round Ruger mags actually rattle around in the pouch, soI shudder to think how a single-stack would shift around.

Post imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
    Before I head down to FAS next month I need to have pouches for at least two spare mags on my belt. I bought and tried an Uncle Mikes double pouch and didn't like it, it wouldn't hold the mags tight enough. Looking at what is available online I like the Bianchi M29 and the Safariland 177 low cut but have no idea which might be better. The Blackhawk pouches only come in singles but I could stack as many as I needed.

Anybody have any experience with pouches they could share? I want open top with adjustable tension and they're for Sig .40 mags w/12 rounds.

Thanks,

Alan
    I have a Bianchi Model 29 Triple Threat, and I love it. You can increase or decrease the the retention by tightening the screws and it rides well on my belt and has snaps so that you don't have to take your belt off to put it on.

Mine is in tan

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=29

Tarzan

Post imported post

I use G-Code and I'm quite happy with it.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/brandswecarry/
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'm pretty happy with these:

http://www.fobus.co.il/magazine.asp