• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Magazine pouches

Misguided Child

imported post

Before I head down to FAS next month I need to have pouches for at least two spare mags on my belt. I bought and tried an Uncle Mikes double pouch and didn't like it, it wouldn't hold the mags tight enough. Looking at what is available online I like the Bianchi M29 and the Safariland 177 low cut but have no idea which might be better. The Blackhawk pouches only come in singles but I could stack as many as I needed.

Anybody have any experience with pouches they could share? I want open top with adjustable tension and they're for Sig .40 mags w/12 rounds.

Thanks,

Alan

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I personally would recommend against Federal brand pouches. I have one (matches the holster which is pretty good for OCing or even concealingmyRuger P95actually), and at 4:00 it is very difficult to manipulate gun-in-hand. 7:00 would possibly be easier (I'm right-handed) butin any case reaching behind my back Iwould prefer a snap closure rather than velcro. Federal's pouches are also universal, so they are very largeto takeeven the big Glock 17 or 21 mags, and my double-stack 15-round Ruger mags actually rattle around in the pouch, soI shudder to think how a single-stack would shift around.

tarzan1888

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Before I head down to FAS next month I need to have pouches for at least two spare mags on my belt. I bought and tried an Uncle Mikes double pouch and didn't like it, it wouldn't hold the mags tight enough. Looking at what is available online I like the Bianchi M29 and the Safariland 177 low cut but have no idea which might be better. The Blackhawk pouches only come in singles but I could stack as many as I needed.

Anybody have any experience with pouches they could share? I want open top with adjustable tension and they're for Sig .40 mags w/12 rounds.

Thanks,

Alan

I have a Bianchi Model 29 Triple Threat, and I love it. You can increase or decrease the the retention by tightening the screws and it rides well on my belt and has snaps so that you don't have to take your belt off to put it on.

Mine is in tan

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=29

Tarzan

Marco

imported post

I use G-Code and I'm quite happy with it.

gcodedoublemag1

http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/brandswecarry/