Thread: Founder of Anti-Gun Group Pleads No Contest to Weapons Charges

Post imported post

From FoxNews.com: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323727,00.html

LOS ANGELES— A former gang member who founded an anti-violence group called No Guns has pleaded no contest to federal weapons charges.[/b]

Hector "Big Weasel" Marroquin, 51, and co-defendant Sylvia Arrellano, 25, entered pleas Thursday for three counts of manufacture, distribution and transport for sale of an unlawful assault weapon.

Arrellano also pleaded no contest to machine gun conversion and possessing a silencer and acknowledged that the crime was committed for the benefit of a criminal street gang.

She was given until Tuesday to surrender for sentencing and would likely be sentenced to four years in prison, prosecutors said.

Marroquin attorney Patrick Smith did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment Thursday. No phone listing was available for Arrellano.

Marroquin was arrested in June at his Downey home following a nine-month investigation into weapons sales by the 18th Street gang, to which he once belonged.

Arrellano was arrested at a Cudahy home as a result of the same investigation

Marroquin founded No Guns in 1996, ostensibly to reduce gang and gun violence. The group received $1.5 million from the city as a subcontractor on anti-gang efforts but its contract was canceled last year after authorities learned that Marroquin had hired relatives, including his son, Hector "Little Weasel" Marroquin.

The son is an acknowledged 18th Street gang member who pleaded no contest in June 2007 to home-invasion robbery and was sentenced to nine years in state prison.

Post imported post

This guy wasn't an "anti", he is a criminal and gangster, pure and simple.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:

There is all that big of a difference?

Everybody should try toattend one of the Million Murder Advocates recruitment meetings at least once to meet these people in person.

Seriously, though. Anybody who denies the right to defend oneself from grave bodily injury or death is on the side ofcriminals and gansters. Its de facto advocacy of rape, murder, and mayhem.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

That's irony for you...

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    He's also one of those who say one thing but do another.

It is always a sign of bad character when someonesays one thing but does another for their own agenda/reasons.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    PavePusher wrote:
    He's also one of those who say one thing but do another.

It is always a sign of bad character when someonesays one thing but does another for their own agenda/reasons.
    HankT! You're back!

:celebrate

Post imported post

Hank.... Who is Hank?

Ohh... Now I remember!