Thread: OC in a bank

Trevorton also Wilmington DE, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Was just wondering if anyone here has OC'd in a bank.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Numerous times at my local branch.

Post imported post

once every couple of weeks for the last 10 months

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

I haven't yet, but I did ask about that concept at the Wachovia in Fairfax (Route 202). The customer service person was a little hesitant, but she did have to call corporate about it. She didn't seem to think it was against the rules (and there isn't any sign at the door about it). I haven't been back since, but there's probably a "no guns" sign up now. LOL.

I've check at my Credit Union for signs and there is none. One of these days I'll OC there to see what happens.

I think a big part of your success lies in the bank itself - specificallyif they've been robbed before.
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

Update: I OC'd into Dexsta Federal Credit Union on Foulk Road this past Friday. No issues. Some looks from employees, but no comments. And there were no signs posted at the door about it.
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry

Post imported post

I just wanted to be sure about the rules to OC in a bank.

Am I correct to assume that if there is NOT a sign posted,that it is perfectly legal to enter a bank with a gun on your side?

What do you do if a teller gets scared when she sees a GUN and "hits the button"... or am I watching too many movies?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Private Pyle wrote:
    I just wanted to be sure about the rules to OC in a bank.

Am I correct to assume that if there is NOT a sign posted,that it is perfectly legal to enter a bank with a gun on your side?

What do you do if a teller gets scared when she sees a GUN and "hits the button"... or am I watching too many movies?
    Even if there IS a sign, it's perfectly legal for you to enter. However, as property owner rights trump your rights, if they ask you to leave and you refuse, you are guilty of trespassing and can be book on that charge.

Signs have no legal weight in Delaware (as they do in select other states). However, respecting the wishes of the property owner in the first place is at your discretion.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Also, to clarify, state forests and parks, federal buildings (unless you care to be a test case) are off limits. You can carry in the city of Dover with a permit, open or concealed. That PDF I put up has some local/municipal ordinances at the bottom portion.

Post imported post

I OC'd today to my bank, PNC on Basin Rd. A man,who I assumed was the bank manager saw me and, said nothing.

I oc'd to taco-bell on rt.13, no one said anything to me, but lots of people saw mr carrying. After that I went to the bank,then theHess gas station. I gave the clerk my money and he just froze for a second and asked "How old are you?" With a smile I said "I'm 22.", he smiled and said "Ok, do your thing." Nobody in any parking lot said anything. All was good except for when a some short blond haired woman in a red Hummer ran a stop sign and cut me off.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Post imported post

MustangDave-- You do look VERY young. Surprised he didn't card you. I still get carded when buying cigarettes. Makes me feel young.

Post imported post

Oh I don't smoke, I decided to pay in cash today rather than using my card for gas. He noticed my gun and asked, at first itlooked like he'd just seen a ghost. After I told him my age he was fine, maybe he thought that I was just a young cop, probably should have talked to him more.