• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in a bank

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I haven't yet, but I did ask about that concept at the Wachovia in Fairfax (Route 202). The customer service person was a little hesitant, but she did have to call corporate about it. She didn't seem to think it was against the rules (and there isn't any sign at the door about it). I haven't been back since, but there's probably a "no guns" sign up now. LOL.

I've check at my Credit Union for signs and there is none. One of these days I'll OC there to see what happens.

I think a big part of your success lies in the bank itself - specificallyif they've been robbed before.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Update: I OC'd into Dexsta Federal Credit Union on Foulk Road this past Friday. No issues. Some looks from employees, but no comments. And there were no signs posted at the door about it.

Private Pyle

imported post

I just wanted to be sure about the rules to OC in a bank.

Am I correct to assume that if there is NOT a sign posted,that it is perfectly legal to enter a bank with a gun on your side?

What do you do if a teller gets scared when she sees a GUN and "hits the button"... or am I watching too many movies?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Private Pyle wrote:
I just wanted to be sure about the rules to OC in a bank.

Am I correct to assume that if there is NOT a sign posted,that it is perfectly legal to enter a bank with a gun on your side?

What do you do if a teller gets scared when she sees a GUN and "hits the button"... or am I watching too many movies?
Even if there IS a sign, it's perfectly legal for you to enter. However, as property owner rights trump your rights, if they ask you to leave and you refuse, you are guilty of trespassing and can be book on that charge.

Signs have no legal weight in Delaware (as they do in select other states). However, respecting the wishes of the property owner in the first place is at your discretion.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Also, to clarify, state forests and parks, federal buildings (unless you care to be a test case) are off limits. You can carry in the city of Dover with a permit, open or concealed. That PDF I put up has some local/municipal ordinances at the bottom portion.

MustangDave

imported post

I OC'd today to my bank, PNC on Basin Rd. A man,who I assumed was the bank manager saw me and, said nothing.

I oc'd to taco-bell on rt.13, no one said anything to me, but lots of people saw mr carrying. After that I went to the bank,then theHess gas station. I gave the clerk my money and he just froze for a second and asked "How old are you?" With a smile I said "I'm 22.", he smiled and said "Ok, do your thing." Nobody in any parking lot said anything. All was good except for when a some short blond haired woman in a red Hummer ran a stop sign and cut me off.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

MustangDave

imported post

Oh I don't smoke, I decided to pay in cash today rather than using my card for gas. He noticed my gun and asked, at first itlooked like he'd just seen a ghost. After I told him my age he was fine, maybe he thought that I was just a young cop, probably should have talked to him more.