Thread: Open carry/ CCW Blog

Post imported post

http://irradiatedcat.blogspot.com/20...rry-in-wi.html

Firstly, there are few laws restricting open carry in WI. Other than public property in school zones (within 1000' of a public school, not including universities), establishments that serve liquor, and governement buildings, open carry is fully legal without any permit. After the defeats of CCW legislation twice under the dishonorable "Diamond Jim" Doyle, many citizens are under the impression that carry is illegal in the state. While this is true for concealed weapons, it is not so for openly displayed arms. In fact, the only reason the current (130+ year old) concealment prohibition has been held constitutional, is BECAUSE we have the ability to legally exercise the right by carrying openly.

Post imported post

Thanks for the link - that's my blog! I just started it last week, so I'm trying to get interesteing information and links up there as fast as I can, schedule permitting.

:celebrate

I can't believe I actually found a reason to use the dancing banana!

Post imported post

Funny. I have a goole alert set up. It emails me everytime it picks up "open carry". sometimes I post the interesting ones here. Great work.