• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hot poll on right to conduct private sales - hit it NOW!

Tomahawk

imported post

glockfan wrote:
Yes, private sales should be subject to checks, but how could it be done?

Would you want to sell a gun to someone not allowed to have it? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The question what check is going to be run? On the purchaser only or would it include firearm serial numbers?

It seems it would be too much trouble to have such a system.
Not allowed by who? The same people who want to stick their noses into my private business? I trust my own judgement more than some clown in DC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

glockfan wrote:
Yes, private sales should be subject to checks, but how could it be done?

Would you want to sell a gun to someone not allowed to have it? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The question what check is going to be run? On the purchaser only or would it include firearm serial numbers?

It seems it would be too much trouble to have such a system.
Would you want to sell a vehicle to a felon in which to elude capture?

Or gasoline to an arsonist? Or a knife to Jack the RipperII ?

Or rope or duct tape to a potential rapist?

You would penalize the innocent to protect the innocent! We have laws that cover all of these already! Big Brother get out of my life!

Yata hey