• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Server Space

eBratt

imported post

Background: the Campus Protection Act is legislationt that would prohibit public universities/colleges in the state of Washington from restricting lawful concealed carry.

Problem: Some sponsors have been found but they want to see some strong support from college students before they propose it. With no central and easy way to track that support, we have been unable to establish the basis of support that the representatives are looking for.

Proposed Solution: A website. I can design it and administer it. I just don't have a place to host it and being a grad student with a family who just lost his job, I really don't have the funds to purchase server space.

Request: If there is anyone on this list who would bed willing to donate some server space (site will consist of some PDFs, a couple of pages of HTML, probably one blog page for updates, and a mailing list of some kind) it would be greatly appreciated.

While this still wouldn't open the campuses up to OC, it would be a huge step in the right direction. Thanks for any support you can offer.

Ethan

just_a_car

imported post

Talk to gregma about maybe putting it all on nwcdl.com. We also have .net and .org registered for it.

I'm a UW undergradstudent and will happily support it.

joeroket

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Talk to gregma about maybe putting it all on nwcdl.com. We also have .net and .org registered for it.

I'm a UW undergradstudent and will happily support it.
I'm sure between gregma and myself we can come up with something. A sub-domain of nwcdl.org would be easy to setup and can be setup at the root level to give you total control over it, but that is gregma's call as it is his domain.

John Hardin

imported post

eBratt wrote:
Request: If there is anyone on this list who would bed willing to donate some server space (site will consist of some PDFs, a couple of pages of HTML, probably one blog page for updates, and a mailing list of some kind) it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll be more than happy to donate disk space and bandwidth for a static mirror site as I have lots of extra in my hosting contract. I might even be talked into setting up another virtual webserver so that the URL could be in a domain someone else controls (e.g. http://mirror1.yourdomain.com) if you don't want impsec.org to appear in the URLs.

I'm reluctant to be the primary host, though, and I can't host anything that needs a database backend.