Thread: wikipedia state handgun carry information edited for OC

Post imported post

Webpage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)#Indiana

I noted that the prior entry for Indiana said we got CCW licenses when we all get licenses to carry. I made this change in the first paragraph. Stated that both OC and CCW was allowed.

Post imported post

hmm wth, it went back to some ccw ********. Anyone know why?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Unoid wrote:
    Happens a lot -- People think they know everything. The best thing, is when someone asks if you are LE, then you say no, and the woman told me "oh thats right I forgot you can get a concealed permit in Indiana", I just thought "wow, if I had a concealed permit, I'm not going a good job!"

Your intentions were good, try to discuss it on the forum and let them know they are incorrect, hopefully it can get changed again to the correct form.

Post imported post

Looks like its just slow to confirm/update but it appears to be updated correctly.

Post imported post

Unoid wrote:
    It's Wikipedia. Anyone can edit anything, or revert changes made by someone else. (Unless it's a hot topic that has turned into an edit war.)

This is not a bug, it's a feature.

Post imported post

I'm wondering if it's time to take the old packing.org information to wiki? It's large enough, and besdies getting defaced every 10 minutes, it'd be a good reference, if only to point people to more static information such as state legislature books, VCDL-type state-organizations who are on-top of the minute changes.
    -Unrequited

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

A gun rights Wiki would have all the problems of any other Wiki and no advantages over what OCD.org is trying to do. Look at the unprincipled contrarians here on OCDO-forum, do you think that they would be able to not 'tag' a Wiki with their stupid noms-de-'net?