Thread: not pertaining to OC, but a question i can only ask UT people

Post imported post

sorry if this pisses anyone off for bein kinda off subject, bhut it still has to do with owning firearms

where can i take the coyotes i kill for their bounty? (their ears, i plan on skinning them or their pelts too, when i can get the equipment) and where can i turn in pelts? i know its like 25$ for ears, and 50-75 for pelts

Post imported post

Ask the local DWR or go to the Utah Wildlife Network forum and go to the other animals section http://utahwildlife.net/forum/

Post imported post

learned a little about calling the yote's but nothin about the bounty... next time i come across a police officer ill see what he knows about it (seein as... the payson PD are most likely hunters lol)

Post imported post

I'd ask at your local DWR office. They'll know the details of the bounty program in your county (it's not in all counties), and where to take the ears. If you happen to be in Beaver, you can take them to the Conoco station just off the freeway at the north end of town.

Post imported post

I thought you might ask the same question over there. I read it sometimes and know alot of guys hunt them on that site, just don't know if they do it for the bounty.

But I think Swillden is right, each county or area has a guy assigned and I think the DWR for your area should know who that is.

Post imported post

I believe it is the USDA that actually pays the money for Coyotes. In the old days they used to have paid government trappers (both of my grandfathers were). They replaced the governement trappers with the bounty program.

I'm sure you can call the Lee Kay CenterinSLC and ask them. They'd know...

I know in Cedar City you can take the ears to Ace Hardware. They pay $20 for the pair. In Parowan you can take them to the courthouse.

Post imported post

Call PETA, they'll be glad to tell you...:shock::celebrate

Post imported post

I think if you call the Lee Kay Center you may get someone who knows... and you may get someone who doesn't know. If you're going to call a SLC number, call the DWR in Salt Lake (801-538-4700).

Post imported post

SLC is like LA... theyll look at you like you just came thru a time machine from the 1800's lol!

Post imported post

Sorry for resurrecting a reall old and off topic thread, but did you ever get an answer?

Post imported post

never got around to really askin anyone, i kinda feel like askin the national forest if they know, next time i call about gold prospecting

Post imported post

My dream is to pay for my weapons by hunting coyotes. Since I don't have any other way of purchasing them.:?

Post imported post

you dont??? how old are you? im thinkin of learning underwater welding... 500$ an hour

Post imported post

19 buddy. Yeah, I have a wife and daughter to take care of so my money tends to be a little tight. Yeah underwater welding is a well paying carreer, but you tend to have to live in coastal areas and they tend to be pretty crappy on 2A rights.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    19 buddy. Yeah, I have a wife and daughter to take care of so my money tends to be a little tight. Yeah underwater welding is a well paying carreer, but you tend to have to live in coastal areas and they tend to be pretty crappy on 2A rights.
    Most guns won't work well underwater anyways...lol

Post imported post

Lol yeah, are there any laws against OCing a harpoon gun?