• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not pertaining to OC, but a question i can only ask UT people

b1ack5mith

imported post

sorry if this pisses anyone off for bein kinda off subject, bhut it still has to do with owning firearms :D

where can i take the coyotes i kill for their bounty? (their ears, i plan on skinning them or their pelts too, when i can get the equipment) and where can i turn in pelts? i know its like 25$ for ears, and 50-75 for pelts

b1ack5mith

imported post

learned a little about calling the yote's but nothin about the bounty... next time i come across a police officer ill see what he knows about it (seein as... the payson PD are most likely hunters lol)

swillden

imported post

I'd ask at your local DWR office. They'll know the details of the bounty program in your county (it's not in all counties), and where to take the ears. If you happen to be in Beaver, you can take them to the Conoco station just off the freeway at the north end of town.

Walther

imported post

I thought you might ask the same question over there. I read it sometimes and know alot of guys hunt them on that site, just don't know if they do it for the bounty.

But I think Swillden is right, each county or area has a guy assigned and I think the DWR for your area should know who that is.

combatcarry

imported post

I believe it is the USDA that actually pays the money for Coyotes. In the old days they used to have paid government trappers (both of my grandfathers were). They replaced the governement trappers with the bounty program.

I'm sure you can call the Lee Kay CenterinSLC and ask them. They'd know...

I know in Cedar City you can take the ears to Ace Hardware. They pay $20 for the pair. In Parowan you can take them to the courthouse.

UtahRSO

imported post

I think if you call the Lee Kay Center you may get someone who knows... and you may get someone who doesn't know. If you're going to call a SLC number, call the DWR in Salt Lake (801-538-4700).

b1ack5mith

imported post

never got around to really askin anyone, i kinda feel like askin the national forest if they know, next time i call about gold prospecting

thx997303

imported post

My dream is to pay for my weapons by hunting coyotes. Since I don't have any other way of purchasing them.:?

thx997303

imported post

19 buddy. Yeah, I have a wife and daughter to take care of so my money tends to be a little tight. Yeah underwater welding is a well paying carreer, but you tend to have to live in coastal areas and they tend to be pretty crappy on 2A rights.

xmirage2kx

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
19 buddy. Yeah, I have a wife and daughter to take care of so my money tends to be a little tight. Yeah underwater welding is a well paying carreer, but you tend to have to live in coastal areas and they tend to be pretty crappy on 2A rights.
Most guns won't work well underwater anyways...lol