• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 1/24

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We've been caught up in Lobby Day; I didn't see a posting for the regular VCDL meeting at the Mason Governmental Center on Thursday, 1/24.

I'm certain there'll be a Lobby-Day Wrapup for those who can't attend. I'm reasonably certain there'll be items that need emphasis, and items to celebrate (one more year without worrying whether the box-cutters in your toolbox make you a criminal).

Items for the next issue of the Defender are due on Friday, the 25th, too, so if you have ideas, please bring them too.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll try to make Starbucks.

Nakedshoplifter said the place they went to instead last time is open until 11:30. Maybe time to re-think planning on the place that closes at 10?

IanB

imported post

Tess wrote:
I'll try to make Starbucks.

Nakedshoplifter said the place they went to instead last time is open until 11:30. Maybe time to re-think planning on the place that closes at 10?
Tess, not sure who told you that, but it wasn't me! I skipped out on going to the last fellowship dinner, Fudds was closed for a holiday party and I was running a slight fever so I went home. I know they all went somewhere but I don't know where.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

we went to some diner a couple blocks before Fudds... I've commented before that we can't be running up to Fudds at 2130 when the place closes at 2200 - it's rude.

Those folks want to go home at the end of their days too and we should be a little more considerate.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Apologies to nakedshoplifter. I thought it was he who told me about the other place, but probably mixed it up with our discussion about possible other places.

I say it's time to find someplace other than Fuddruckers, thoughsince circumstances prohibit me from attending most months, I'm probably not the one to lead the call for change.

bohdi

imported post

The diner wasn't too bad, a little more spendy but it was clean and service was fast. Not able to get seated like we were in a crowd at Fudd's. We should probably start doing a resturant search of the area, or expand to different ones each month :D

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Many of us went to the Jukebox diner up the street from Fudds, nothing fancy but reasonable and open to 1130.

unrequited

imported post

...man I miss Jersey diners. Open 24 hours, and the old Greek or Jewish guy at the first table is always the owner, and happy to seat you himself, pour you a coffee while the waitress comes over, and give you his life story.

Tomahawk

imported post

unrequited wrote:
...man I miss Jersey diners. Open 24 hours, and the old Greek or Jewish guy at the first table is always the owner, and happy to seat you himself, pour you a coffee while the waitress comes over, and give you his life story.
That, and the fact that since leaving the Jerz I haven't been able to find a decent Italian restaurant that measures up.

bohdi

imported post

Here's a list of nearby places to chow

http://tinyurl.com/2ospzz

In trying to keep this under 2.5 miles from the Mason Center, here's some likely candidates that would serve a variety of tastes. Perhaps we just start at the top and rotate down the list each month? Or start at one closest to the Mason Center (provided it stays open that late...) Thoughts?

iconB.png

Ruby Tuesday - more info »
5880 Crossroads Center Way, Falls Church, VA
(703) 820-6602-2.0 mi NE

New York Pizza Factory Inc - more info »
7258 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
(703) 256-9200-1.8 mi W

Boston Market - more info »
4809 Beauregard St, Alexandria, VA
(703) 642-1300-1.7 mi SE

iHOP Restaurant - more info »
6254 Duke St, Alexandria, VA
(703) 658-2163-1.9 mi SE

Valentino's New York Style - more info »
4813 Beauregard St, Alexandria, VA
(703) 354-8383-2 reviews-1.7 mi SE
Big Bite Pizza (Annandale Store) - more info »
7125 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
(703) 941-8991-1.5 mi W

Casa D'Mama Pizzarea Italian - more info »
7406 Little River Tpke, Annandale, VA
(703) 256-3780-2.0 mi W

Go Greek Athens Restaurant - more info »
3541 Carlin Springs Rd, Falls Church, VA
(703) 931-3300-2.2 mi E

Moe's Southwest Grill - more info »
5855 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA
(703) 578-6637-2 reviews-1.9 mi NE

Panera Bread - more info »
5857 Leesburg Pike # D, Falls Church, VA
(703) 998-1300-1.9 mi NE

Chris's Steak House - more info »
7002 Murray Ln, Annandale, VA
(703) 642-6658-1.2 mi W

Juke Box - more info »
7039 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
(703) 916-8300-5 reviews-1.3 mi W

Davinci Family Restaurant - more info »
6347 Columbia Pike # A, Falls Church, VA
(703) 916-1147-0.4 mi E

zoom6zoom

imported post

I'll have to miss this one. Had to make an unscheduled trip down to Christiansburg... but at least I get to open carry in VT's back yard the day after SB109 got wacked!

Marco

imported post

Nice to see everyone.

I called this place and they stay open until 3am (not like I can stay out that late) we won't have to rush to get there.
For future reference.

New York Pizza Factory Inc
7258 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA
(703) 256-9200-1.8 mi W