• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did anyone else get confused by today's VA-Alert?

sjhipple

imported post

It's starts out with information about lobbying on SB 109 (the "gun show loophole" bill), which we are, of course, against. But at the end of the report it says, "***If you have NOT contacted your representatives on HB 109, PLEASE DO
SO NOW!***"

House Bill 109 is a Good bill and we're supporting it. I'm afraid that saying that at the end of a long explanation of SB 109 will cause people to mistakingly call their reps and tell them to vote against HB 109 thinking it's the loophole bill.

Senate Bill 109: Bad

House Bill 109: Good

sjhipple

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
My guess is Philip was tired and made a typo. It was written after 10:30PM.

Yeah, he works his butt off. He's amazing.

I think a clarification should be sent if possible though. HB 109 is a very good bill and we don't want it to take any friendly fire.