• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Jena 6 demonstration/parade.

Carondalet

imported post

He also said no weapons period during parade. Parades are off limits for concealed weapon permit holders, but I thought it was only if you were IN the parade. Also,do the off limit areas for a concealed weapons permit holder apply to those withouta permitfor open carry? Howcan the Lasalle Parish sheriff restrict open carry of rifles? Can he do this?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/13963617.html?index=1&c=y

aroundlsu

imported post

There is debate over CCW at a parade but it was explained to us in detail at my CCW class taught by one of the longest running instructors in the state that the statute only applies to permit holders IN the parade. It is OK to carry AT a parade.

Can't help with the rest of the topic but the Sheriff can generally do whatever he wants and just lock you up for 24 hours if you don't comply. Charges may not stick but you'll be in jail and have an arrest you have to account for in future background checks. So it's best not to confront them over it.

unrequited

imported post

Seeing as how charged the demonstrations and parades have been so far concerning this, why wouldn't you want to:

a) be armed in attendance (concealed is concealed)
b) be as far away from it as possible

I'm surprised there hasn't been a riot out of this already.