• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPO endorses Ron Paul for president

No NAU

imported post

lhttp://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2008/01/cpo_endorses_ron_paul_for_pres.htm

CPO endorses Ron Paul for president
by The Oregonian
Monday January 21, 2008, 11:19 AM

Ron Paul
The steering committee of the Constitution Party of Oregon has made a "wholehearted" endorsement of Republican Ron Paul for president.
Why Paul? Here's the top three from the list included with the CPO press release:

1. Never voted for a tax increase during his time in Congress.

2. Supports elimination of any program not specifically authorized by the constitution.

3. He'd bring the soldiers home, "not just from Iraq but also from 130 other countries where we have left them to languish." --Michelle Cole; michellecole@news.oregonian.com

No NAU

imported post

The best thing to do to help Ron Paul is face to face conversions of voters.

I am amazed at how many folks I run into either don't know about Ron Paul or don't understand the platform he is running on.

Just strike up conversations with folks (if they are carrying and they don't know about Ron the conversation is usually quick and very easy).

Older folks, like my mom in her 80's and dad in his 90's (USAF vet did WWII-Vietnam and is a huge RP fan) are usually easy converts too as RP's values usually fall right in line with theirs and they vote, they just need to be politely educated.

Talk up Dr. Paul as much as you can with folks as the main stream media sure won't.

Vote for Ron Paul and Get a Free Country:celebrate

Sheldon

imported post

If enough people get the word out there Ron Paul could pull it off, so how many years has it been since some other party hasheld "the: office?

t3rmin

imported post

I can't understand how any gun owner or any pro-life person could vote for McCain in good conscience.

Ron Paul seems like a once in a lifetime kind of candidate, although I hope I'm wrong. Liberty will not persist in this land if we keep voting for the lesser of evils.

cato

imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
:)so. I'm not alone after all

No, you are alone. Is that Forrest on your battle flag? Don't make me go get Uncle Billy out of the closet!

Attachments

• 402039388_0b1743f5fd.jpg
    402039388_0b1743f5fd.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 191

unreconstructed1

imported post

cato wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
:)so. I'm not alone after all

No, you are alone. Is that Forrest on your battle flag? Don't make me go get Uncle Billy out of the closet!
yup, thats Nathan Bedford Forrest on my avatar. The greatest Cavalryman who ever lived. As for "Uncle Billy", while I am not sure if he was ever "in the closet" like Lincoln was, the world is better off that he is where he is now.

now why would you want to go and get it stirred up like that?:cry:

Huck

imported post

cato wrote:

You might want to pick someone else. General Sherman was never able to stop General Forrest from raising hell and putting a prop under it. Many tried but only one acually did whup "that devil Forrest". :)

unreconstructed1

imported post

Huck wrote:
You might want to pick someone else. General Sherman was never able to stop General Forrest from raising hell and putting a prop under it. Many tried but only one acually did whup "that devil Forrest". :)

suddenly, you are one of my favorite people on this board.

now that the WAY off topic diversion has been dealt with, lets get back on topic...

I'm voting for Dr. Paul, anyone else here going to take a stand for their constitutional rights?

Thundar

imported post

Ron Paul, because I believe he is the only candidate that will govern within the constitutional powersthat the federal leviathan has been granted.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am just trying to figure out if it would be better to write in Dr. Ron Paul or Congressman Ron Paul. Decisions, Decisions.

imperialism2024

imported post

I'll be voting for Ron Paul in our primary (a joke, yes). In the general election, I don't know yet... I'm not sure it would serve any meaningful purpose to write-in Ron Paul as I doubt they really tally write-in votes.

Butlerite

imported post

Dr. Ron Paul is my choice. The next would be Ambassador Alan Keyes. I have been in the Constitution Party for quite a while. Been out of the GOP for over 10 years.

t3rmin

imported post

Don't get me wrong, Ron Paul is my man all the way, but he said he won't run third-party and he won't be getting the GOP nomination. :( Although I am a delegate to our state GOP convention and trying to continue to national for Dr. Paul if I can!

But in the general election, I think it'll be more constructive to actually vote for somebody who's running. So it'll probably be Constitution Party, or maybe Libertarian if they come up with somebody pro-life.