• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comp Tac CTAC holster

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I talked to Jim Spiedel over at thebeltman.net on the phone today about my most recent order from his shop (getting one of his horse hide gun belts). I just happened to mention that I had the CTAC holster, and he went off on the wonders of this new V clip that Comp tac is offering. BAsically, it's a clip that's lined with hook material. He was trying to convince me that I should have him add one of his velcro linings to my new belt and order some of these clips. These bad boys are 15 bucks though, so I told him I would have to look into it before I spent the money. Anyone use this method?

eyesopened

imported post

I've got a CTAC for my XD and it's nice for concealed carry, but I've been thinking of selling it since I don't really CC my XD. I've used the Standard clips which are great and it came with J clips (Bought the holster used) as well. J clips suck if you're trying to carry the XD because it uses the pants for support which is weaker than if using the actual belt. Maybe if using a lighter gun, but even then I think the standard clips the way to go. They offer a C clip as well...

phillyman

imported post

I love my ctac! Carry my g23, very comfortable! i really want to try those vclips. But really haven't ever had to have it "that concealed"

flyboyldb

imported post

V clips are great. The CTAC, in my opinion is not. Go with their Spartan, MTAC or a Crossbreed Supertuck - you'll be more happy with the comfort.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I already have the holster, and like it just how it is. My question is about the V-clips in particular.

On a side note, comfort is not necessarily the number one thing I look for in a holster. It's up there, but security, stability, and concealability are paramount. The CTAC fills these roles flawlessly. It's also shockingly comfortable to wear, even compared to leather counterparts. I'll stick with the CTAC, and I thinkI'm going to hold off on ordering the v-clips.

Mjolnir

imported post

I love the Comp-Tac line of holsters and personally feel they are by far the best kydex holsters on the market.

However, having said that I'll kick back and see how the new V clip works out before offering an opnion on it.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Like I said, Mr. Spiedel over the thebeltman.net sung it's praises like it was the greatest thing ever. He said it was virtually impossible to shift once it was set into place without removing the pants. While I like my holster to stay put when I'm moving around, I do like the option of adjusting it AT MY LEISURE. The v-clips seem to eliminate this option.

flyboyldb

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
I already have the holster, and like it just how it is. My question is about the V-clips in particular.

On a side note, comfort is not necessarily the number one thing I look for in a holster. It's up there, but security, stability, and concealability are paramount. The CTAC fills these roles flawlessly. It's also shockingly comfortable to wear, even compared to leather counterparts. I'll stick with the CTAC, and I thinkI'm going to hold off on ordering the v-clips.
My bad, but in my opinion, you will like the V clips. They are the most stealth of all clips. They hold the holster in place. The only draw back is how well they hold the holster - meaning it is hard to make a slight adjustment - but once you get it fine tuned so that you put it in the exact spot each time you will be fine.