• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does everyone in Texas carry a NAA Mini when it's hot?

vermonter

imported post

I was looking at the CCW requirements in Texas. You have the most restrictions of any state, even worse than NJ! What bothers me is the no "printing" thing. Is Texas the land of "fanny packs" and NAA Mini's? If Texas is so free and pro 2A you guys ought to get your reps to overturn some of the stupid restrictions in your state. I was going to visit and carry under my non-res CCW, but it's not worth the hassle!

glock37

imported post

Vermonter, Texas isn't as conservative as a lot of people would like to think. We have just enough people voting to keep a Republican as governor, but not enough to overturn or amend restrictive legislation. We are working on that though. We have now formed our own Citizen's Defense League. If you interested, the URL is: http://www.txcdl.org

OLD TEXAN

imported post

Vermonter,

Our gun laws in Texas go all the way back to the reconstruction era following the Civil War. The Federal government just about disarmed all of the southern states. We also fell into the trap of being a one party demo state (I remember the poll tax and there being only demo primaries -- no republican primaries). We are working to recover our rights which the republican federal government took away after the Civil War. We have a pretty well working balance of power here -- the legislature can only seem to get together on items to screw the citizens out of more money.

If you come to visit and bring your pistol, stay out of Houston. The Harris County DA thinks he is the legislature, governor and judicial branch all rolled into one. He will prosecute anyone carrying regardless of the law. And, you are required by law to divulge to an officer in any traffic stop if you have a CCW and if you are in possession of a firearm. Other than that, the rest of the state is really quite gun friendly.

In the hot weather, I wear a shirt that is called a guayabera (sp?). It is a Mexican fancysportshirt that is designed to be worn with the shirt tail not tucked in and does a good job of concealing. My family all laugh at me and call me a Mexican Barber. The shirts look something like the shirts some dentists and doctors wear in their office.

We do have a very good Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Law in Texas.

If you come, WELCOME TO TEXAS.

OLD TEXAN

imported post

Vermonter,

Here is a site that you might find some info on: TexasCFLforum.com

It has a subject re: printing.

Printing is really not a big deal in Texas.

Best to You