• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Donations needed for PAFOA member legal defense

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

As many of you know, PAFOA member "Damage Control" was wrongly denied his LTCF by the Susquehanna CO Sheriff's office.

The thread detailing this is located HERE

This matter is of importance to ALL firearms owners.
Damage Control's denial was due to an alleged report to his local PD of him openly carrying a handgun ON HIS OWN PROPERTY!

Obviously, this denial is way outside the limits of the law controlling the issuance of LTCF's.

Please help DC in his appeal by donating whatever you can to offset the legal fees. DC needs at least $600 just to get the ball rolling and we do not know how much by the time court hearing rolles around.

We've done this before with the Gnbrotz case and were successful, on many levels! We need to mobilize as a collective force against these flagrant violations of the law by these rogue sheriffs. Your application could be next to be denied if we do not act on these abuses.

Lets git 'er done... Again.

=====================================================

To send a donation via mail: PM myself or Damage Control for the mailing address.

I encourage mail donations since the paypal fee is just more $$ away from the goal but realize the convenience of PayPal. So...
For PayPal donations send them to:cgabriel_06@yahoo.com
Or click this link: PayPal: LTCF Legal Fund

=====================================================

sjhipple

imported post

Are the sherrifs under the impression that PA is discretionary issue or are they just flaunting the law trying to make it de facto "may issue" in hopes that gun owners will roll over and let it happen?

The VA legislature is considering a bill to put some teeth into our preemtion laws. PA should consider doing the same.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Sounds to me like this Sheriff is violating the LTCF applicant secrecy law if, as the cross post indicates, the Sheriff lets people come into the station and look up folks' LTCF status.

jack

Banned
imported post

He is basing a decision on heresy that the permit applicator did something that is NOT illegal ? I believe a letter from an attorney to the sheriff warning him that litigations is inevitable if he doesn't "reevaluate" the application is in order.