• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Press Release About Senator Saslaw

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

OpenCarry.org Press Release - January 23rd, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Virginia Senator Saslaw Gets Sassy With Rural Voters
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 21st, America celebrated the life of Dr Martin Luther King Jr. In a fitting tribute to the spirit of Dr King, this is also the day that Virginians from all over the Commonwealth gather in Richmond to lobby their representatives on issues that are important to them.

However, this year Virginia's gun owners and rural voters were also treated to a small sampling of the bigotry that Dr King had to face in such copious quantities during his life.

While in a public elevator with OpenCarry.org Co-Founder John Pierce and several other citizens, Senator Saslaw (the new Virginia Democratic Senate Majority Leader) loudly commented "I see we're debating a gun bill today. Half of the cast of Deliverance is in town." Little more than an hour later, he once again demonstrated his lack of respect for gun owners and for Senate protocol when he disrupted the statement of Virginia Citizens Defense League President Philip Van Cleave who was testifying before the Senate Courts of Justice Committee.

Senator Saslaw has made it abundantly clear over the years that he has nothing but disdain for gun-rights. But apparently this disdain extends to the hundreds of working Virginians who had traveled many miles in order for their voices to be heard by their representatives.

I believe the Democratic party, which has portrayed itself for years as the party of the working-man, needs to chastise Senator Saslaw in the strongest possible terms for his blatant bigotry and disrespect for Virginia voters!

John Pierce
john@opencarry.org